Are Vaccines Safe or Not?
When milling around Facebook this morning I found this gem of an article that you'll love, here's an excerpt…
In the last decade I have had to explain to my grandmother what Crohn’s disease is, autism, type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ADHD, peanut allergies, and thyroid conditions. She never saw those health conditions growing up. “Vaccine preventable diseases” were replaced with “vaccine-induced diseases.” Can we even compare chicken pox to rheumatoid arthritis?
I know, we have better diagnostic methods now right? Crohn’s disease and autism were always around, they just weren’t labeled or diagnosed. Wrong. I had Crohn’s disease and believe me, you’d notice the kid who spent the entire day in the outhouse or had to poop on the side of the road at least 15 times on their walk to school. And have you met anyone with autism? Trust me, a parent with an autistic child doesn’t need the diagnosis to notice the difference.
I have to admit, my Grandma and her husband got one vaccine…the polio vaccine in the late 1950s contaminated with the SV-40 virus that is infamous for causing cancer and has been found in human tumors of the brain, breast, lungs, bone, and lymph. My Grandfather later developed lymphoma and died of cancer. I never met him.”
More on vaccines:
- Have you read these posts about how Kent and I came to our own vaccine decisions for our youngest? (We didn't know enough to question things with our older three, unfortunately.) Part 1: Vaccination safety issues and the 7 factors that led to our decisions. Part 2: Our 5-part plan for vaccinations and how do school exemptions work?
- Read about a chat I had with the nurse at our doctor’s office. And here’s the follow-up story to that post. And one last update to the story with info on the school getting in on all this, too, and what my doctor said when we sat down to discuss everything.
- One more about another visit to the doctor’s office for our 4 year old’s shots…see if you get as riled up as I did.
- Healthcare workers: how to refuse mandatory vaccines and not get fired. More posts on mandatory flu vaccinations. And another: 150 Employees Fired for Not Getting the Flu Shot. See all my flu shot related posts.
- A good book on the topic: A Shot in the Dark
(Pictured above is me with my Mom's 99 year old neighbor friend, also my friend, and the sweetest person EVER. I'll have to ask her about vaccines when I see her Sunday on Mother's Day, but I'll bet she and her siblings weren't vaccinated, either, she's told me before that they never went to the doctor.)