When I began my real food journey in 2004 I felt constantly overwhelmed, and back then there was very little information online to help. It’s a LOT more doable these days, and I’m here to make it even easier for you so there’s no need to stumble along like I did… (Read more about my bumpy journey here.)
- Start with these Rookie Tips. Take them slowly if that’s your style, because any steps you take are steps forward! OR go hog-wild like I did and move a little faster — your family won’t know what’s going to get tossed out next! 🙂
- In the beginning I'd often say, “I wish someone would just tell me what I’m supposed to buy at the store or what to feed my family!” So the whole first chapter of my book is a “grocery store cheat sheet” with a buy this-not that guide, and full of info on how easily you can just swap out the bad ingredients with the good ones — if you didn't sign up yet, you can get that here for free along with more free printables AND a free Rookie class to help you on your journey.
- Or grab my book here, “Real Food for Rookies“.
- If you wonder exactly what I buy or what my favorites are, that’s all here.
- Looking for a specific topic or information on the site? Learn how to find things easily here. Or find posts by topic here.
How will you know when you’re getting there?
Slowly but surely you and your kids will cook more and everyone will love your own homemade real food meals. You’ll read ingredient labels and look for more foods without labels. You'll eat butter proudly. You’ll pack your kids’ lunches and snacks because you won’t trust school food anymore. You’ll be thankful for the farmers who grow and raise food in traditional ways so our families are nourished, and chatting with them at the farmer’s market will be a highlight of your week. You’ll realize that organic is important but it's not everything. You’ll no longer just avoid junk food (or make much better versions of it), but you’ll start eating traditional superfoods too, and may even sneak some liver on your kids’ plate. You might still love coffee (like I do!), but also may sip homemade broth on a cold morning. If ever you feel overwhelmed in this process, here’s help if real food seems too expensive or too time consuming.
You'll also learn to be your own health advocate, your own primary physician. You'll be taking control of your family’s health. No more sheeple. You’ll be ready and prepared to dig in and research instead of blindly trusting what we hear from those in a white coat, kind as they may be. You’ll no longer want symptoms managed with drugs and all of their side effects, instead you’ll find natural solutions and expect to be healed. Hopefully you’ll look here for help and support, because that’s why I began the Kitchen Kop blog and why I continue: to help you! Next, you may even start to question other areas of your life too, like what goes on your skin, and you'll look for safer alternatives.
The best way to find help now and help as you go along is to…
Join the Kitchen Kop Krew!
For help on the journey, join thousands of other real foodies…
~ Here's what Krew members get FREE:
- A grocery store cheat sheet delivered immediately to your inbox loaded with 20+ pages of specific information on what food to buy, what not to buy, and WHY. (That's the whole first chapter of my book, if you want the entire book, order that here: Real Food for Rookies.)
- More printable guides, including (so far):
- Real Food Time Savers
- How to Afford Real Food
- Homemade FAST Meal Ideas
- Real Food Snack Ideas
- How to Get Rid of Head Lice Naturally
- How to Nontoxically Eliminate Bed Bugs — including DIY instructions for how to make an inexpensive bug trap
- Top 25 Simple Ways to Boost Your Health with Apple Cider Vinegar!
- I'll personally help you with one-on-one support — as a Krew member, you can email me anytime with real food or health questions and I’ll help you personally as best I can (that's the whole reason I'm here!) or I'll connect you to more information.
- Discount on real food/healthy living consultations — if you need help beyond a brief email reply.
- Email newsletters with new health and nutrition information — you choose how often they hit your inbox: weekly, monthly, or as soon as a new post goes live. (Note that sometimes “live” means daily, other times a lot less.)
–Remedies and recovery stories for advice, solutions, and support with YOUR health issue.
–Recipes, kitchen help, real foodie tips, and health research — everything you need to stay on track.
–No more confusion and feeling overwhelmed — get the simple truth about food and health that you won't hear in the mainstream.
–Occasional parenting and homeschooling articles thrown in, too, because you may need a little help in these areas too. 🙂
- NEW — now available to all Krew members: Exclusive access to the Real Food for Rookies CLASS! Click here to read more about what you'll get in the Rookie class.
You can go through everything slowly and on your own time.