Colostrum for Gut Health
Learn more here or here about how beneficial colostrum is for gut health, dental health, immunity building and so much more! You can take capsules, but I prefer adding the powder to all sorts of things to add flavor, creaminess and nutrition–smoothies, homemade ice cream, use as a delicious coffee creamer, add to yogurt, really you could add it to anything that would be tasty with more creaminess!
Cod Liver Oil & Butter Oil
These two are the ones I mostly recommend nowadays: this one or this one. Get a discount with the code KOP and free shipping over $99.
These are the only probiotics we take. It's the only one that makes it past your stomach acid and the only one you can (and should!) take with an antibiotic.
(Get 10% off with code KOP.)
Read more about it here: Is My Probiotic Really Helping or am I Wasting Money? 5 Ways to Know For Sure.
Or here: This Mom Will Make You Cry: How One Small Change Brought Help and Hope for Her Autistic Son.
Get in more vegetables!
Dr. Cowan, a founding member of the Weston A. Price Foundation, raises nutrient dense organic vegetables in healthy soil (or sources them from friends), and dehydrates them just so, to retain the most nutrients and antioxidants as possible, and turns them into vegetable powders that can be added to anything! They even steam their greens before dehydrating, so there's no worry of goitrogens, which can cause thyroid issues, or oxalates, which can cause inflammation and can cause calcium to build up where it shouldn't.
These can be easily slipped into your morning smoothie, into soups, sauces, and stews, sprinkled on eggs, roasted vegetables, salads, baked potatoes, popcorn, folded into rice, pasta, baked goods or casseroles — really, added to anything you like to eat. It's especially nice for when you don't have time to get to the farmers market for more produce from farmers you trust, or time to do all the cleaning and chopping.
Get the vegetable powders here.
Read my post about it here: How to RUIN Your Morning Smoothie in 3 Easy Steps.
Natural Healing: Homeopathy and CBD Oil
Below you'll find just a few remedies for various ailments, but I'll be adding more all of the time. There are thousands of homeopathic remedy options out there!
***If you need help with any of these (how often to take it, what potencies, etc.) or help finding the right remedy for your ailment, I now offer homeopathic consultations for a small fee. Contact me to see if I can help you: [email protected].
Here's where I get all of my homeopathic remedies.
- For inability to sleep due to a brain that won't shut off. Take every 15 minutes or so.
- This remedy is good for pain that is worse with movement. I suggested this for my friend 2x/day (more often if needed for pain) whose knees really hurt when going up or down steps and it felt better when iced.
- For muscle spasms or muscle twitching or charley horses (read more here about charley horses)
- Arnica 200 for pain, bleeding, swelling, sprains, bruising, and trauma. (Or even 1M for severe pain.)
- Nux Vomica for hangovers, car sickness or other digestive upset such as constipation.
- Sprains <– try that if Arnica isn't helping.
- Apis or Ledum for insect stings (read here for more info) — also use this homeopathic sting ointment or I like this one too.
- Also for rash, stings or minor burns — and again this cream is a must to keep on hand.
- Allergic reactions
- For poison ivy/poison oak
- Bone Trauma: be careful with this one, Joette warns that you must be sure the bone is set properly before using this because if not, it could heal the bone in the wrong position.
- Take this at the first sign of any illness coming on like cold, flu, etc. I do this and it keeps the scratchy throat or whatever from ever coming turning into anything!
***And here's the Organic CBD oil I recommend. Plus see the Q&A at that link.
Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox book
This Vitamin K2 also has antioxidants and all the right co-factors. (10% off with code KOP)
Read more here about why I'll never NOT take that vitamin K2 again: Are you Taking Vitamin D or Calcium? What You MUST Do First (Scary: My doc didn’t even know)
Digestive Enzymes (Get a discount with code KOP)
Multi-vitamins for men, women, prenatal and more (10% off with code KOP)
Colloidal Silver (10% off with code KOP)
Vaccishield for before and after vaccinations!
Broth – Gelatin – Collagen
Ready-made broth: Organic free-range & grass-fed bone broth (the only kind I'll buy for when I'm in a pinch and don't have any made!)
Pasture-raised Collagen (Quality protein from grass-fed cows that can be mixed into anything, hot OR cold liquids. NO taste and dissolves easily. Mix into broth, juice, soups, pudding, anything, even water! Do you know anyone trying to get more protein into their diet? Or even if you just want your hair and nails to grow more. Also great for gut health and digestion, joint health, soft skin, and a lot more.)
Pasture-raised Beef Gelatin (add to hot liquids for extra nutrition)