This popcorn recipe with coconut oil is not just a good-for-you snack, it's also filling and nutritious…
Many of you may not realize what a simple, yummy and healthy snack popcorn is, especially this popcorn recipe with coconut oil! Kids love it, too, and of course it's great for movie night. 🙂
If you're trying to get more coconut into your diet for these health benefits, but you're like me and don't like the flavor in certain recipes, here's a recipe for people like us. Everyone loves this and it reminds me of how old-fashioned movie popcorn used to taste before they stopped using coconut oil (because it was more expensive than the cheap heart-killer fake oils they use now), and don't worry, the flavor isn't overpowering. It also keeps very well in freezer baggies for many days without becoming stale. (I don't know exactly how long because it doesn't last long around here.) I've even sent it to our friend, Nick, in Iraq and it travels quite well! By the way, some have trouble digesting popcorn, or they can only have a little, so keep that in mind just in case it doesn't set right with you.
First, don't miss these posts:
- Wonder how in the world popcorn can be good for us? Or if it's gmo-free? Shouldn't popcorn be soaked since it's a whole grain? Click here to find out all of that and more.
- Try this kettle corn recipe if you want a little something sweet and salty.
- Click here for the popper we use: Stainless Steel Popcorn Popper. I've been through many popcorn poppers since we began eating healthier and finally found one I love! This one has no nasty Teflon, no dangerous aluminum next to your food (make sure you get the one with stainless steel throughout), and it tastes much better than when it is cooked in an air popper – those made the popcorn taste dry and blah.
- Read here about the many benefits of getting more coconut into our diets!
Kelly's Popcorn Recipe with Coconut Oil
- Comment below if you have coconut tips or more recipes with coconut – the more we can get into our diets, the better! Or check out this post for new ways to use coconut oil.
Related posts (or not):
- Easy Meatless/Vegetarian/Lenten Meal Ideas
- Dieting/my “food conversion”
- Where is the truth on health and nutrition?
- Eating healthy, without sacrifices