Quick Links Before Jumping to the Kitchen Kop Story Below…
- Contact/Advertising information
- The Kitchen Kop Shop (Consultations – nutrition consults as well as blog/business consults, Real Food Guides, Real Food for Rookies online class, etc.)
- Information on Guest Posting (Note: I do not accept posts from content writers)
The Power of Real Food
I know you want to feel better and get better. You want to feed your family well without breaking the bank or sacrificing all of your precious time. You want to know how to make a healthy lifestyle work without becoming a slave to it. I can’t wait to help you learn about the power of real food.
The Kitchen Kop Community
I created the Kelly the Kitchen Kop blog to support your pursuit of a real food lifestyle. You really can attain a clean diet that nourishes you the way food is meant to nourish. You can feel the well-being your body and mind are meant to feel. Any Real Foodie will tell you that this lifestyle can make all the difference in your life and in the lives of those you love!
Whatever your experience level with traditional food choices, you will find support and resources here. I can’t wait to help you move along on your journey without pressure or judgment.
To explore the services and resources available to lead you to great food and vibrant health, visit the Kop Shop. You’ll find classes, books, consultations, and more.
My Journey to Nourishment
How did I become a Kitchen Kop?
After a long-time love affair with convenience foods, I discovered the Weston A. Price Foundation in 2004. The changes I made weren’t always easy, but they transformed our family. We’re now much healthier and rarely sick. Experiencing firsthand the power of real food, I began passionately researching how to eat and live better.
On January 1st, 2008, I launched Kelly the Kitchen Kop, a blog that I strive to keep upbeat and entertaining, yet packed with information that is quite often politically incorrect. I’ve enjoyed drawing from my family’s experiences with Real Food in order to share knowledge and inspiration to eat and live better. I especially love interacting with all of you these past years, and I’ve learned so much from you, too!
From my home near Grand Rapids, Michigan, where I live with my husband of 25 years and 4 children, I do more than blog. I also:
- Teach an online class called Real Food for Rookies.
- Promote my books, the Real Food Ingredient Guide and the Real Food Party Planning Guide.
- Mentor clients to become healthier through individual consultations in person or over the phone.
- Serve as a Weston A. Price co-chapter leader for our Grand Rapids, Michigan chapter.
- Homeschool our children!
- I’m also part of Village Green Network, a blog network of which I have been a member since its inception in late 2008. (Advertise with us!)
More than a Foodie
The source of greatest nourishment in my life is not food, but faith. I am a Catholic Christian—I love Jesus and try to follow Him daily (but mess up often).
Check out my other blog, “Christianity 101″, for answers to basic questions about Christianity. This blog explores aspects of faith that always confused me before I knew God better, things I was too embarrassed to ask because I thought “everyone” was supposed to already know.
If there’s a topic I haven’t covered on Christianity 101 that you’ve always wondered about or just don’t “get,” contact me and I’ll try to include it. (Kelly@KellytheKitchenKop.com.) And don’t worry—I won’t use your name.
Kitchen Kop Goodies
- Don’t miss posts – follow the Kitchen Kop blog via RSS or if you prefer email, use the orange box at the top or bottom of this page. :)
- Visit the Kop Shop to arrange consultations on nutrition and on optimizing your blog or business.
More Places We Can Connect
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions. Maybe I’ve already answered yours!
- Learn what started it all: the story of my food conversion.
- Access information about guest posting.
- Contact or advertising info.
- Contributing author in an Amazon best-selling book called, Trust Your Intuition: 25 “Natural Medicine Confessions” From Influential Women Who Chose Healing Remedies for Their Families. (Does this make me a best-selling author? Yeah, I didn’t think so. :) My chapter was on how we got rid of lice naturally when it hit out home!)
- Contributing writer in The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul
- Mothers of the Real Food Blogosphere from DailyFinance.com by Jeanmarie Todd
- Podcast interview on Jimmy Moore’s show
- Newspaper article in the Rockford Squire
- Various promo interviews for the Real Food for Rookies class
- Interview with Kevin Brown on the Liberation Wellness Hour
- Interview with Jeff, the “Catholic Foodie”
- KPFK – a Los Angeles radio station where I shared a Thanksgiving recipe (also a great interview with Chris Kresser that you won’t want to miss!)
- Interview with Aaron, ‘The Appropriate Omnivore’
- Interview with Ann Marie for the Healthy Life Summit (1 of 35 podcasts) – “Bringing your family from junk food to real food”
What People are Saying about Kelly the Kitchen Kop
“I just wanted to thank you for the information you send out and post on your blog. I subscribe to MANY blogs, all traditional food and helpful ‘natural’ blogs that I love. Something about your blog really stands out though. It’s very smart, simple, and easy to relate to. It’s not extreme like some and it’s practical from a traditional food sense.”
–Blog reader, Christina
“I love your blog — it’s like my encyclopedia for real food!!”
–Amanda from OhAmanda.com
“If you have not seen the KellytheKitchenKop.com blog then you are missing out on one of the premiere bloggers on healthy cooking, traditional foods and really all things related to nutrition and health.”
–Jimmy Moore from the Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb
“I just love this blog! You aren’t afraid to talk about the Good, the Bad or the Icky… Apparently!! LOL. And I love that you always seem to have a positive spin on things. (At least as much as possible! Some things just make me mad, too, and it’s hard to be positive about it all!)…I just want to say THANK YOU for doing what you do, the way you do it! Honesty and Positivity go a long way!! Keep up the GOOD WORK here!!!”
“A little less than a year ago, this post saved my life. It was found by my boyfriend after much research and lead us to the answers to healing all of my health problems. I wanted to thank you and let you know how grateful I am to you for writing about Leaky Gut and it’s symptoms. Thank you for doing everything the doctors could not, for giving me answers, and hope. I am happy and healed and now spreading the word about Leaky Gut.”
Just Got Here?
Scroll down through the post archives to find whatever might interest you!
My “official” bio:
Kelly had a “food transformation” when she discovered the Weston A. Price Foundation in 2004 after a long-time love affair with convenience foods. She began passionately researching how to eat and live better, and on January 1st, 2008 the ‘politically incorrect’ Kelly the Kitchen Kop blog was born. She now enjoys helping others with the knowledge she has gained from her own family’s transition to Real Food. In addition to blogging, she also teaches an online class called, ‘Real Food for Rookies‘, and helps individuals become healthier through one-on-one phone or in-person consultations. Check out her e-books: the Real Food Ingredient Guide and the Real Food Party Planning Guide. Kelly lives near Grand Rapids, Michigan with her husband of 25 years and is a Weston Price local co-chapter leader. As if life wasn’t crazy enough, she also now homeschools three of their children, and the fourth is in college. :)