I was wondering if at some point you could do a blog post including all the things people can do or make with raw milk. We are new drinkers of raw milk and the only way it’s available to buy locally is in gallon containers, which is a lot for my little family of three to get through in a week. I’d like to try making some of the things you and Ann Marie post about, like cream cheese, buttermilk, etc. but I get a little overwhelmed trying to find the different posts, decide on what to make, and then actually start making whatever I’ve decided upon. I would really appreciate it! Thanks for all you do.
Thank you, Kara, for giving me a great post idea!
By the time you read this and all the comments from my awesome readers, I’ll bet you’ll be ready to get at least another gallon each week!
How do we use raw milk?
- Mostly we drink lots of it straight – it’s so yummy & fresh! Read all about raw milk and why nutritionally it is leaps and bounds above store-bought milk. (Tastes better, too.)
- How to make buttermilk (and what I use it for) – find buttermilk and yogurt starters on my resources page.
- How to make yogurt, whey, cream cheese
- More Cheese making: Queso Fresco!
- Non-alcoholic egg nog – a super tasty & nutritious beverage!
- REAL FOOD protein shakes
- Here’s a Fettuccine Alfredo recipe that you can use raw milk in when you have plenty – I just made this tonight as a matter of fact. (It was a busy night with kids going all different directions, so I made it early this afternoon and put it in the crock pot on warm so everyone could grab some whenever. It was great having dinner done by 1:00!)
- What else do YOU use raw milk for? I’m sure I missed some good ones, but you guys always fill in the gaps for me – thank you!