You’ve all probably heard of protein drinks, energy drinks, soy protein shakes or whey protein. Many people swear by them. They say it gives them more energy, that it’s an easy, fast breakfast, and a good way to lose weight or just get more protein – bodybuilders love it for that reason, too.
Here’s why I don’t like them:
- Many are made with soy protein, and by now you’ve probably heard that soy isn’t good for you unless it’s in fermented form and from organic soybeans so you know they’re not genetically modified.
- There is a much healthier option, and one that is almost as easy to mix up in the morning…
- If you're saying to yourself right now, “But this brand protein shake is good”, then read this post: Soy protein shakes, almond milk, and other fake foods people think are good for them.
Find more healthy breakfast options, and be sure to check out the comments, as always, for more great tips and ideas!
Do you drink protein shakes? How do you make yours? I'd love to hear your ideas!
- Here's a link to more info on oxidized cholesterol in dairy powders.
- Also, a newer post: Soy protein shakes, almond milk, and other fake foods people think are good for them.