Using a combination of natural Covid remedies
This morning I got a text from a friend who thinks she may have Covid (she was tested, but no results yet), so I went to work pulling together a plan for her based on different things I've read and learned, along with suggestions from my friend Sheena who is very knowledgable about homeopathy.
The following information includes homeopathic remedies, real food suggestions, and the supplements I recommend too–it's good to come at this from ALL directions! These help your body heal itself without the onslaught of drugs and chemicals that only make your body work harder to deal with so many unfamiliar toxins.
My friend was already doing some of these natural covid remedies and a few others she added in after we spoke. Her symptoms are: vomiting, fatigue, aches and pains all over, cough, chills, and diarrhea.
I told her it could be the regular flu, but either way, we just need to treat the symptoms. Mostly I suggested she not worry, since the VAST majority of people with Covid (OR the flu) recover and are just fine!
Here are the remedies I recommended for her:
***Before reading the following, remember that I'm not a doctor and I'm not a homeopath, this is NOT medical advice. I'm a just a friend who wanted to help and this is what I suggested based on the symptoms. YOUR symptoms may be different or more severe. If you're unable to stay hydrated or you have any trouble breathing/shortness of breath, or ANY symptom you're at all concerned about, don't mess around and see a doctor. (And if you do have to go in for medical help, I'd suggest asking for Hydroxychloroquine, based on the video with all those doctors who said it worked wonders for their Covid patients. That video has since been taken down, ughhhh. Hopefully that option will be available to you if your doctor agrees that it would be beneficial. Anyway…)
Here are the instructions I wrote up for my friend, with some extra info added for this post…
Remember for the homeopathic remedies you'll need to space them out from each other (unless it says to take them together) and also space them 15 minutes apart from food or drink as much as possible. (*Read more here for more info before starting homeopathic remedies and if you want to learn this natural healing method yourself, take the accelerated class that I'm offering soon, with 4 classes instead of 8!)
~Natural Covid Remedies – Homeopathy (good to keep these on-hand just in case!):
If you see that the above isn't warding it off, begin treating whatever symptoms that you're experiencing below (note that there are many options here, so it'll depend on what you have on-hand):
- Gelsemium 30 or 200 (whichever potency you have) for body aches and fatigue, 3 times daily or more as needed, or Eupatorium 30 twice daily for extreme body aches. Another option: Rhus tox 200 (Joette says, “When there are aches and pains and everything hurts just to be touched.”)
- Arsenicum 200 for GI symptoms: diarrhea/nausea/vomiting, 3 times daily or more as needed–you could also try Nux Vomica 30 or 200 for that if you have it or Lycopodium 30.
- Aconitum 200 + Bryonia 200 (taken together) for cough and general virus-fighting 3 times daily or more if needed. Try those two first, but if needed, here are other options for cough: Causticum (intense dry, teasing cough, body aches, stress incontinence), Sulphur 30 (hot, thirsty for cold, long lasting paroxysms of cough), Spongia (dryness, barky cough)
- Antimonium Tart in case you notice any wheezing in lungs or shortness of breath. (But again, in this case you may need to be seen by a doctor.) Or Kali Carb 200c daily for breathlessness and fatigue.
- Thuja 30 twice daily, this is part of the Banerji protocol for the Covid virus.
- Hepar Sulph 6c twice daily, also part of the Banerji protocol for Covid. If you feel an infection of any kind is developing, I'd take a higher potency. (And again, it may be wise to see your doctor at this point. Did I mention I'm not a doctor or anywhere close?!)
- Sanguinaria 200c twice daily for loss of smell. Also good if you have any sinusitis symptoms. Another option: Pulsatilla (for sinusitis, cold symptoms, and body aches)
- Don’t fight the fever because it's how the body fights off a virus (read the chapter in this book about fevers!), but if it gets high enough to be worrisome, take Belladonna 30c. (Or again, see a doctor if you're concerned.)
- Note that there are many other possible homeopathic remedies that could be taken for flu and/or covid depending on symptoms. Consult a homeopath if needed.
~Natural Covid Remedies – Supplements:
I love homeopathy, but when myself or a loved one is sick, I like to hit it with ALL my options!
- Take these immune-system-strenghthening gut-building probiotics. 15% discount with the code KOP. (Kent and I take 2/day normally, and would take extra if we got sick. If you're just starting on these, work up slow so you don't get die-off GI symptoms. Did you see this COOL testimonial about these probiotics?)
- Take this Ultimate IgG 4/day to boost your immune system even more, this works along with the probiotics. Also 15% discount with the code KOP.
- Cod liver oil daily or more when fighting something (use code KOP at that link for a 10% discount), this has vitamin A & D and also essential fatty acids that are so important for fighting illness.
- Take this Zinc–this has been recommended for those with Covid way back from the beginning, it's known to fight viruses.
- Vitamin C — I forgot to suggest this to her, but it would help too! I keep it on-hand in case we get sick, but we don't take it every day. (Also 10% off with code KOP.)
- Turmeric — another immune system booster!
- Vitamin D take 1 daily ( 10% off with code KOP), again, this helps boost the immune system–that's the name of the game here, as I'm sure you've figured out by now. 🙂 Sitting in the sun is great for this too! (Just don't get burned.)
~Natural Covid Remedies – Real Food/Nutrition:
- Keep hydrated: sip broth (made with garlic, onions, fresh cracked pepper and real mineral-rich sea salt–those are all good for fighting illness)–get some here to keep on hand if you don't want to make it. Or drink water with fresh lemon juice and a bit of real sea salt, again, for extra minerals. If neither of those sound good, just drink whatever you can get down.
- Avoid sugar since, as you know, it's not good for our immune system.
- Wild-caught oysters are a great source of zinc if you like them and you have access to them!
- I'm not including the many other suggestions I'd normally make when it comes to real food, because when you're sick, most don't feel like eating much anyway, and the most important thing is keeping hydrated. But I will say that this is another reason it's important to eat well normally. Not only will you get sick less often, but when you do get sick, your body will have the nutrients stored up that it needs to fight things off.
- Okay just one food suggestion… If you have stomach upset this may not sound good to you, but it is a powerful natural probiotic and immune-system builder and digestion enhancer: raw sauerkraut! I try to remember to eat some every day with dinner just because it's so good for you.
- Elderberry syrup is good to keep on hand during flu season to take a spoonful of daily (or a few times a week) as an extra immune system boost.
I hope these natural Covid remedy ideas help you, and stay well everyone!
What did I miss? Please share in the comments!
More you might like (scroll down):
- Want to learn HOW to use homeopathic remedies for Covid or ANY illness or injury? Take my consolidated online class that's starting soon!
- Don't use the hand sanitizers from the store full of nasty chemicals! Make this super simple DIY/homemade sanitizer and keep in on-hand.
- Have you seen my newly revised and expanded Real Food for Rookies book?!