Hey friends, just in the past 2 days I've had multiple requests for information about my favorite natural flu remedy…
(***See information specific to the Coronavirus below!)
So instead of sending this out via email to each person individually, I'm putting up a cheat sheet here. This natural flu remedy info is a compilation of your options all in one place, but you'll need to evaluate your own symptoms and decide for yourself the best way to move forward if the dreaded influenza virus, or any virus, hits your house.
Note that I'm not giving you a simple, “If you get the flu, do this ______” answer, for two reasons.
First because I don't know you and I'm not a doctor. Second, because each person is different and there are many different types of flu; what works for one person in one case, may not work for another.
These are just suggestions and what I've learned over the years, I'm sure there are many more effective ways to treat the flu besides just what you see here, so please share your favorite natural flu remedy in the comments!
Look through these and see what resonates with you…
First, it you feel like a little chuckle, take a peek at What remedies were used “back in the day” — they had a lot right!
- I wouldn't get the flu shot (those are such a big scam!)
- I would NOT take Tamiflu, that stuff is just scary. Read more:
So instead, to prevent it:
- 10 Tips for How to Build Up Your Immune System, especially the following that I've added here too…
- Go here to get the only probiotics that I use here for ongoing immune system health. (Use the code KOP for a discount and note that if you buy 3 or more, you'll get a better deal with that code than you would with their auto-ship, plus get free shipping too!) Read more here: Does my probiotic actually work?
- Cod liver oil is so important for vitamin A & vitamin D! Get it here or here and again, use the code KOP for a discount.
What if you DO get sick:
- Start by reading my other post with many natural flu remedy suggestions: Natural Home Remedies for Cold Earache Flu and How to Avoid Ear Infections and Gut-Busting Antibiotics — those are from before I knew much about homeopathy and I still use a lot of those remedies! But now I'd also add in the following homeopathy options to my Mom tool kit…
- The following homeopathic flu cheat sheet is from my friend Sheena. She said she pulled it together from various places online, mostly here and two Facebook lives that Joette did here and here. (Want a quick overview on the basics of homeopathy? Watch the video at the bottom of this post…)
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO CORONAVIRUS
For specific information on the Coronavirus and possible homeopathic remedies to have on-hand, feel free to join this Facebook group where there are remedy suggestions and updated info being shared often. (The original flu information below is more for the “regular” flu virus, and much of it does still apply, but we all want more specific help right now.) Here's the intro for this new Coronavirus FB page:
“This group is intended to share the recommendations of professional homeopaths around the world as well as recommendations from those of us who are still learning. We are not claiming to have all of the answers here, it’s just to share what we are finding. It is also not my intention to teach homeopathy here. But we will try to answer questions on dosing or other concerns as much as possible.”
TWO IMPORTANT NOTES:
- These are where I get my favorite homeopathic remedies because they're in glass bottles and you get more than when you buy from Amazon or other places so it's more economical too. And did you know that the remedies do not expire?! Which is why I stock up whenever I can.
- Read this before beginning to take any homeopathy. Things you need to know.
Homeopathy Flu Cheat Sheet
FYI: Again, the below was written for the “regular” flu, before the Coronavirus frenzy began, but homeopathy is aimed at treating symptoms as they come up, so much of it still applies. See the above-mentioned FB group for more specifics for the CV though.
- At the FIRST sign of illness (whether it's the flu or anything else), I always take this remedy and rarely even end up getting sick.
- For the first signs of flu, start with Aconitum 200 + Bryonia 200 or 30 (take those both together, at the same time), every 15 minutes until you start to feel relief, and then spread out every 3 hours.
- Then Consider adding Gelsemium 30 or 200 (great for flu — I just ordered this to have on-hand because I already have the other stuff…)
- Rhus tox 200 (Joette says, “When there are aches and pains and everything hurts just to be touched.”)
- Bryonia 30/200 (if discomfort is worse with movement, congestive headache, body aches but also some sharp stitching pains anywhere in the body)
Other remedies to consider
- Combination remedies to try (both of these work best if you catch it EARLY):
- More to try:
- Lycopodium 30 (digestive issues)
- Eupatorium 30 (extreme body aches)
- Causticum (intense dry, teasing cough, body aches, stress incontinence)
- Nux Vomica 200 (digestive issues, men often do well with this one)
- Sulphur 30 (hot, thirsty for cold, long lasting paroxysms of cough)
- Pulsatilla (sinusitis, cold symptoms, and body aches)
- Spongia (dryness, barky cough)
- Belladonna (severe pain)
More from Joette:
- Want to learn homeopathy yourself? Click here to take the Gateway to Homeopathy class!
- Protect Yourself from the Flu guide
- Watch this video to understand the basics of homeopathy. (Skip the beginning chit-chat and jump right to the meat: start at minute 1:38.)