Hey friends, just in the past 2 days I've had multiple requests for information about my favorite natural flu remedy…
So instead of sending this out via email to each person individually, I'm putting up a cheat sheet here. This natural flu remedy info is a compilation of your options all in one place, but you'll need to evaluate your own symtoms and decide for yourself the best way to move forward if the dreaded influenza virus hits your house.
Note that I'm not giving you a simple, “If you get the flu, do this ______” answer, for two reasons.
First because I don't know you and I'm not a doctor. Second, because each person is different and there are many different types of flu; what works for one person in one case, may not work for another.
*Also, these are just suggestions and what I've come across, I'm sure there are many more effective ways to treat the flu besides just what you see here, so please share your favorite natural flu remedy in the comments!
So look through these and see what resonates with you…
First, it you feel like a little chuckle, take a peek at What remedies were used “back in the day” — they had a lot right!
- Don't get the flu shot (those are such a big scam!)
- Does my probiotic actually work? Or get the only kind I use here for immune system health. (Use the code KOP for a discount.)
- Do NOT take Tamiflu, that stuff is just scary. Read more:
Now, here's what I found for you:
- Here's my other post with many natural flu remedy suggestions: Natural Home Remedies for Cold Earache Flu and How to Avoid Ear Infections and Gut-Busting Antibiotics — those are from before I knew much about homeopathy, but now I'd also add that option to my tool kit…
- The following homeopathic flu cheat sheet is from my friend Sheena. She said she pulled it together from various places online, mostly here, here, and two Facebook lives that Joette did here and here. (Want a quick overview on the basics of homeopathy? Watch the video at the bottom of this post…)
Homeopathy Flu Cheat Sheet
- At the FIRST sign of illness (whether it's the flu or anything else), I always take this remedy and rarely even end up getting sick.
- For the first signs of flu, start with Aconitum 200 + Bryonia 200 or 30 (take those both together, at the same time), every 15 minutes until you start to feel relief, and then spread out every 3 hours.
- Then Consider adding Gelsemium 30 or 200 (great for flu — I just ordered this to have on-hand because I already have the other stuff…)
- Rhus tox 200 (Joette says, “When there are aches and pains and everything hurts just to be touched.”)
- Bryonia 30/200 (if discomfort is worse with movement, congestive headache, body aches but also some sharp stitching pains anywhere in the body)
Other remedies to consider
- Combination remedies to try:
- More to try:
- Lycopodium 30 (digestive issues)
- Eupatorium 30 (extreme body aches)
- Causticum (intense dry, teasing cough, body aches, stress incontinence)
- Nux Vomica 200 (digestive issues, men often do well with this one)
- Sulphur (hot, thirsty for cold, long lasting paroxysms of cough)
- Pulsatilla (sinusitis, cold symptoms, and body aches)
- Spongia (dryness, barky cough)
- Belladonna (severe pain)
More from Joette:
- Watch this video to understand the basics of homeopathy. (Skip the beginning chit-chat and jump right to the meat: start at minute 1:38.)