Hey friends, just in the past 2 days I've had multiple requests for information about my favorite natural flu remedy…
*See my newer post about Covid here: Using a combination of natural covid remedies to help with symptoms fast!
So instead of sending this out via email to each person individually, I'm putting up a cheat sheet here. This natural flu remedy info is a compilation of your options all in one place, but you'll need to evaluate your own symptoms and decide for yourself the best way to move forward if the dreaded influenza virus, or any virus, hits your house.
Note that I'm not giving you a simple, “If you get the flu, do this ______” answer, for two reasons.
First because I don't know you and I'm not a doctor. Second, because each person is different and there are many different types of flu; what works for one person in one case, may not work for another.
These are just suggestions and what I've learned over the years, I'm sure there are many more effective ways to treat the flu besides just what you see here, so please share your favorite natural flu remedy in the comments!
Look through these and see what resonates with you…
First, it you feel like a little chuckle, take a peek at What remedies were used “back in the day” — they had a lot right!
What I personally would not do:
- I would NOT take Tamiflu, that stuff is just scary. Read more:
So instead, to prevent it:
- 10 Tips for How to Build Up Your Immune System, especially the following that I've added here too…
- Go here to get the only probiotics that I use here for ongoing immune system health. (Use the code KOP for a discount.) Read more here: Does my probiotic actually work?
- Cod liver oil is so important for vitamin A & vitamin D! Get it here or here and again, use the code KOP for a discount.
What if you DO get sick:
- Start by reading my other post with many natural flu remedy suggestions: Natural Home Remedies for Cold Earache Flu and How to Avoid Ear Infections and Gut-Busting Antibiotics — those are from before I knew much about homeopathy and I still use a lot of those remedies! But now I'd also add in the following homeopathy options to my Mom tool kit…
- The following homeopathic flu cheat sheet is from my friend Sheena. She said she pulled it together from various places online, mostly here and two Facebook lives that Joette did here and here. (Want a quick overview on the basics of homeopathy? Watch the video at the bottom of this post…)
TWO IMPORTANT NOTES:
- These are where I get my favorite homeopathic remedies because they're in glass bottles and you get more than when you buy from Amazon or other places so it's more economical too. And did you know that the remedies do not expire?! Which is why I stock up whenever I can.
- Read this before beginning to take any homeopathy. Things you need to know.
Homeopathy Flu Cheat Sheet
FYI: Again, the below was written for the “regular” flu, before the Covid frenzy began, but homeopathy is aimed at treating symptoms as they come up, so much of it still applies.
- At the FIRST sign of illness (whether it's the flu or anything else), I always take this remedy as it could help you to not get more sick in the first place.
- For the first signs of flu, I'll take Aconitum + Bryonia together to help discomfort that's worse with movement, congestive headaches, or body aches, and for many flu symptoms.)
- Then Consider adding Gelsemium to help with body aches and fatigue.
- Rhus tox 200 (Joette says, “When there are aches and pains and everything hurts just to be touched.”)
Other remedies to consider
- Combination remedies to try (both of these work best if you catch it EARLY):
- More to try:
- Lycopodium 30 (could help digestive issues)
- Eupatorium 30 twice daily (could help extreme body aches)
- Causticum (could help intense dry, teasing cough, body aches, or stress incontinence)
- Nux Vomica 30 or 200 (could help digestive issues, men often do well with this one)
- Sulphur 30 (could help if hot, thirsty for cold, long lasting attacks of cough)
- Pulsatilla (could help sinusitis, cold symptoms, and body aches)
- Spongia (could help dryness, barky cough)
- Belladonna (could help if severe pain)
More you might like:
- There are many more symptoms and remedies listed here that are the same for any cold/flu, even though this was written specifically about covid: Using a combination of natural covid remedies to get over symptoms fast!
- Want to learn homeopathy yourself? Click here to take the Gateway to Homeopathy class! (Note that this class is over, but if interested, contact me: [email protected].)
More from Joette:
- Watch this video to understand the basics of homeopathy: (Skip the beginning chit-chat and jump right to the meat at minute 1:38.)