This morning I got a text from a friend who thinks she may have Covid (she was tested, but no results yet), so I went to work pulling together a plan for her based on different things I've read and learned that could help, along with suggestions from my friend Sheena who is very knowledgable about homeopathy.
And remember there ARE other options to consider that you won't hear about in the mainstream, keep reading below… (See my newer post on the “forbidden” Covid meds.)
I've updated this post to add tips on how to build up your immune system to hopefully prevent getting covid (or other illnesses) in the first place. Or if you do still get it, these suggestions might help you to have a milder case:
- Avoid fast food, processed foods, factory vegetable oils like canola and soy, and sugar as much as possible. Don't brag about your mask-wearing if you're not also cleaning up your diet! Nobody eats perfectly, but for example, if you still go to Burger King or other such places regularly, how careful are you really being? My book can help you find better options.
- Take these probiotics daily, along with cod liver oil, vitamin D, and zinc. To keep you well, studies also suggest taking vitamin C as a preventative, and also Quercetin (use the search box at that link for the Quercetin, it helps Zinc get into your cells)–it's also in many fruits, vegetables, leaves, seeds, and grains; especially red onions and kale.
- Read more here about how to build up your immune system!
Using a combination of natural helpful Covid tips
The following information includes 3 sections: 1. homeopathics, 2. real food suggestions, 3. supplements, and 4. More misc. info too, including info on the “forbidden” Covid meds–it's good to come at this from ALL directions! These help your body without the onslaught of drugs and chemicals that only make your body work harder to deal with so many unfamiliar toxins.
***Before reading the following, remember that I'm not a doctor and I'm not a homeopath, this is NOT medical advice. Read through here and see what resonates with you, then do your own research.
I'm a just a friend who wanted to help and this is what I suggested she try, YOUR case may be different or more severe. ***If you're unable to stay hydrated or you have any trouble breathing/shortness of breath, or ANY symptom you're at all concerned about, don't mess around and see a doctor.
Also, these are mentioned below too, but here's what I'd look into quickly if you already have breathing issues:
- ***ASK ABOUT THESE MEDICATIONS if needed! Ask your doc about Hydroxychloroquine (an anti-malaria drug that my husband Kent remembers taking when he was in the Philippines while in the USMC), or I've heard of even better results using Ivermectin–both are drugs that have been used safely for many many years, but there are probably more to ask your doctor about as well. Hopefully you have a doctor you trust to discuss this with. (There's more about those meds here. Also apparently there are docs here who will prescribe Ivermectin via a tele-medicine consult.)
- From Dr. Mercola: He said in an interview that instead of the above medications, he'd use this therapy with a nebulizer for any respiratory symptoms and that he hasn't seen anyone that this hasn't helped. Be sure to follow his instructions carefully. (Looks like Mercola has had to remove all Covid-related helpful articles from his site!!! I found this article on using diluted peroxide in a nebulizer, but you must dilute it correctly!)
Go through these ideas below, see what resonates, and then order what you need so you're ready if Covid hits your house.
My friend was already doing some of these and a few others she added in after we spoke. Her symptoms are: vomiting, fatigue, aches and pains all over, cough, chills, and diarrhea.
I told her it could be the regular flu or another bug, but either way, we just need to look at the symptoms. Mostly I suggested she not worry, since the VAST majority of people with Covid (OR the flu) recover and are just fine!
Here are the tips I recommended for her:
~1. Natural Covid Help: Homeopathy (good to keep these remedies on-hand just in case!)
Remember, for the homeopathic remedies you'll need to space them out from each other and also space them 15 minutes apart from food or drink as much as possible. (*Read more here for more info before starting homeopathic remedies.)
- Take a few doses of this throughout the day at the very first sign of any symptoms. (This has often stopped the onset of illness right away in our family.)
- These are also good at the first sign of cold or flu symptoms. (I alternate with the above remedy, but take whatever you have.)
If you see that the above isn't warding it off, begin targeting whatever symptoms that you're experiencing below (note that there are many options here, so it'll depend on what you have on-hand):
- Gelsemium 30 or 200 (whichever potency you have) for body aches and fatigue, 3 times daily or more as needed, or Eupatorium 30 twice daily for extreme body aches. Another option: Rhus tox 200 (Joette says, “When there are aches and pains and everything hurts just to be touched.”)
- Arsenicum 200 for GI symptoms: diarrhea/nausea/vomiting, 3 times daily or more as needed–you could also try Nux Vomica 30 or 200 for that if you have it or Lycopodium 30.
- Aconitum 200 + Bryonia 200 (take those ones together) for cough and general virus-fighting 3 times daily or more if needed. Try those two first, but if needed, here are other options for cough: Causticum (intense dry, teasing cough, body aches, stress incontinence), Sulphur 30 (hot, thirsty for cold, long lasting paroxysms of cough), Spongia (dryness, barky cough).
- Antimonium Tart in case you notice any wheezing in lungs or shortness of breath. (But again, in this case you may need to be seen by a doctor!) Or Kali Carb 200c daily for breathlessness and fatigue.
- Thuja 30 twice daily, this is part of the Banerji protocol for the Covid virus.
- Hepar Sulph 6c twice daily, also part of the Banerji protocol for Covid. If you feel an infection of any kind is developing, I'd take a higher potency. (And again, it may be wise to see your doctor at this point. Did I mention I'm not a doctor or anywhere close?!)
- Sanguinaria 200c twice daily for loss of smell. Also good if you have any sinusitis symptoms. Another option: Pulsatilla (for sinusitis, cold symptoms, and body aches).
- Remember that fevers are how the body fights off a virus (read the chapter in this book about fevers!), but if it gets high enough to be worrisome, take Belladonna 30c. (Or again, see a doctor if you're concerned.)
- Note that there are many other possible homeopathics that could be taken for flu and/or covid depending on symptoms. Consult a homeopath if needed. (See the comments for more options!)
~2. Natural Covid Help: Supplements
I love homeopathy, but when myself or a loved one is sick, I like to hit it with ALL my options!
- Take these immune-system-strenghthening gut-building probiotics. 15% discount with the code KOP. (Kent and I take 2/day normally, and would take extra if we got sick. If you're just starting on these, work up slow so you don't get die-off GI symptoms. Did you see this COOL testimonial about these probiotics?)
- Take this Ultimate IgG 4/day to boost your immune system even more, this works along with the probiotics. Also 15% discount with the code KOP.
- Cod liver oil daily or more when fighting something (use code KOP at that link for a 10% discount), this has vitamin A & D and also essential fatty acids that are so important for fighting illness.
- Take this Zinc–this has been recommended for those with Covid way back from the beginning, it's known to help fight viruses.
- Vitamin C — I forgot to suggest this to her, but it would help too! I keep it on-hand in case we get sick, but we don't take it every day. (Also 10% off with code KOP.) I found this in my notes but don't know where it came from, so research this first… “35 mg of vitamin C per pound of human, dosed at half-hour intervals until the symptoms clear, maybe a couple of hours. This also works for hangovers, and every viral infection under the sun.” If you get diarrhea, back off the dosing.
- Turmeric — another immune system booster!
- Vitamin D ( 10% off with code KOP), again, this helps boost the immune system–that's the name of the game here, as I'm sure you've figured out by now. 🙂 Sitting in the sun is great for this too! (Just don't get burned.)
- Quercetin (use the search box at that link for the Quercetin, it helps Zinc get into your cells).
- Adding this later: I've just read that in India they are giving out packets of vitamin D, Zinc, & Ivermectin and their cases have plummeted! Of course this NPR article doesn't talk about that part though.
~3. Natural Covid Help: Real Food/Nutrition
- Keep hydrated: sip broth (made with garlic, onions, fresh cracked pepper and real mineral-rich sea salt–those are all good for fighting illness)–get some here to keep on hand if you don't want to make it. Or drink water with fresh lemon juice and a bit of real sea salt, again, for extra minerals. If neither of those sound good, just drink whatever you can get down.
- Avoid sugar since, as you know, it's not good for our immune system.
- Wild-caught oysters are a great source of zinc if you like them and you have access to them!
- I'm not including the many other suggestions I'd normally make when it comes to real food, because when you're sick, most don't feel like eating much anyway, and the most important thing is keeping hydrated. But I will say that this is another reason it's important to eat well normally. Not only will you get sick less often, but when you do get sick, your body will have the nutrients stored up that it needs to fight things off.
- Okay just one food suggestion… If you have stomach upset this may not sound good to you, but it is a powerful natural probiotic and digestion enhancer: raw sauerkraut! I try to remember to eat some every day with dinner just because it's so good for immune system heath.
- Elderberry syrup is good to keep on hand during flu season to take a spoonful of daily (or a few times a week) as another extra immune system boost.
~4. A few more important tips I came across:
- If you do get it and are in the hospital OR at home, apparently positioning yourself on your stomach as much as possible is good for your breathing. Read more here. (2nd best is sleeping on your side.)
- Along with getting rest, try to keep moving even if you don't feel like it. This helps keep your lungs healthy and also prevents blood clots from forming due to inactivity.
- ***Again, ASK ABOUT THESE MEDICATIONS if needed! Ask your doc about Hydroxychloroquine (an anti-malaria drug that my husband Kent remembers taking when he was in the Philippines while in the USMC), or I've heard of even better results using Ivermectin–both are drugs that have been used safely for many many years, but there are probably more to ask your doctor about as well. Hopefully you have a doctor you trust to discuss this with. (There's more about those meds here. Also apparently there are docs here who will prescribe Ivermectin via a tele-medicine consult.)
- See what India is doing for less than $3 per person that has caused a dramatic drop in cases. NPR even had an article about this, BUT to them it was a complete mystery as to why cases were plummeting–no mention at all about what's working! (When I posted about this on Facebook it got censored and removed!) Why isn't this info more well-known? If people knew this, do you think they'd be as desperate to get the very new experimental shot so they can “get their lives back”??? Yes this is and has been a quickly-evolving situation and there may be more to this story than I know about, but shouldn't the entire truth be out there and available?!
- Repeating from above, from Dr. Mercola: He said in an interview that instead of the above medications, he'd use this therapy with a nebulizer for any respiratory symptoms and that he hasn't seen anyone that this hasn't helped. Be sure to follow his instructions carefully. (Looks like Mercola has had to remove all Covid-related helpful articles from his site!!! I found this article on using diluted peroxide in a nebulizer, but you must dilute it correctly!)
- My other friend who had it said that she took Epsom salt baths as another way to detox, and she thinks it's one of the ways she kept her symptoms from escalating.
- From Dr. Berg: What to do at the FIRST signs of Covid:
I hope these natural Covid tips help you, and stay well everyone!
What did I miss? Please share in the comments!
More you might like (scroll down):
- Want to learn HOW to use homeopathics for Covid or ANY illness or injury? Take my consolidated online class that's starting soon! UPDATE: the course is finished, but if you're still interested contact me: [email protected].
- Don't use the hand sanitizers from the store full of nasty chemicals! Make this super simple DIY/homemade sanitizer and keep in on-hand.
- Have you seen my newly revised and expanded Real Food for Rookies book?!