This morning I got a text from a friend who thinks she may have Covid (she was tested, but no results yet), so I went to work pulling together a plan for her based on different natural options that I've learned could help, along with suggestions from my friend Sheena who is very knowledgable about homeopathy.
–And remember there ARE other options to consider that work, but you won't hear about them in the mainstream, there's more on that below or see this: how to get a doctor's Rx for the “forbidden” Covid meds.
–And be sure to check this out which includes even more important information: A Guide to Home-Based Covid Treatment, Step-by-Step Doctors' Plan That Could Save Your Life.
How to get healthy and hopefully prevent Covid
I'm adding these tips on how to build up your immune system to hopefully prevent getting covid (or other illnesses) in the first place. Or if you do get it, these suggestions might help you to have a milder case:
These are in order of importance…
- Avoid fast food, processed foods, factory vegetable oils like canola and soy, and sugar as much as possible. Don't brag about your mask-wearing if you're not also cleaning up your diet! Nobody eats perfectly, but for example, if you still go to Burger King or other such places regularly, how careful are you really being? My book can help you find better options that taste just as good or better. Or if you can't buy a book right now, at least sign up for my newsletter so you can get this free: the whole first chapter of my book, a grocery store cheat sheet!
- Take this gut-strengthening, immunity-boosting superfood: Colostrum! It goes perfectly in these superfood smoothies, or even homemade ice cream. (Watch a video here to learn more.)
- To build up your immune system, take these probiotics daily–we take 2/day, along with cod liver oil. (Pills are okay if you can't take the oil, we take 4 pills/day OR the oil, use code KOP at those links for a discount–CLO has vitamin A & D and also essential fatty acids that are so important for fighting illness.)
- Also: vitamin D, and zinc. And studies suggest taking vitamin C as a preventative as well, along with Quercetin (apparently this helps Zinc get into your cells, that one has vitamin C too as well as Bromelain, which is contraindicated for certain people, be sure to talk to your doc and/or research this first)–Quercetin is also in many fruits, vegetables, leaves, seeds, and grains; especially red onions and kale.
- Read more here about how to build up your immune system!
Using a combination of natural helpful Covid tips
The following information includes 4 sections: 1. homeopathics, 2. real food suggestions, 3. supplements, and 4. More misc. info too, including info on the “forbidden” Covid meds–it's good to come at this from ALL directions! These help your body without the onslaught of drugs and chemicals that only make your body work harder to deal with so many unfamiliar toxins.
***Before reading the following, remember that I'm not a doctor and I'm not a homeopath, this is NOT medical advice. Read through here and see what resonates with you, then do your own research.
I'm a just a friend who wanted to help and this is what I suggested she try, YOUR case may be different or more severe. ***If you're unable to stay hydrated or you have any trouble breathing/shortness of breath, or ANY symptom you're at all concerned about, don't mess around and see a doctor.
- ***ASK YOUR DOC ABOUT THESE MEDICATIONS TO HAVE ON-HAND: See my new post here about the “Forbidden Covid Meds”!
- From Dr. Mercola: He said in an interview that instead of the above medications (I might do both!), he'd use this therapy with a nebulizer for any respiratory symptoms and that he hasn't seen anyone this hasn't helped. Ask your doc or Telemed doc for their advice with this. Be sure to follow his instructions carefully. (***Looks like Mercola has had to remove all Covid-related helpful articles from his site!!! I found this other article on using diluted peroxide in a nebulizer, but you must dilute it correctly!)
Go through these ideas below, see what resonates, and then order what you need so you're ready if Covid hits your house.
My friend was already doing some of these and a few others she added in after we spoke. Her symptoms are: vomiting, fatigue, aches and pains all over, cough, chills, and diarrhea.
I told her it could be the regular flu or another bug, but either way, we just need to look at the symptoms. Mostly I suggested she not worry, since the VAST majority of people with Covid (OR the flu) recover and are just fine!
Here are the tips I recommended for her:
~1. Natural Covid Help: Homeopathy (good to keep these remedies on-hand just in case!)
If you're not familiar with homeopathy, skip to #2 or find a homeopath to help!
–> These are the brand of remedies I like best because they're the most affordable (you get more for the price than other brands), and they're in glass bottles.
Here are some basic homeopathic suggestions:
Remember, for the homeopathic remedies you'll need to space them out from each other and also space them 15 minutes apart from food or drink as much as possible. (*Read more here for more info before starting homeopathic remedies.)
- Take a few of these 3 times or so throughout the day at the very first sign of symptoms to hopefully help avoid the onset of any illness.
- These are also helpful to take at the first sign of cold or flu symptoms. (I alternate with the above remedy, but take whatever you have.)
If you see that the above isn't warding it off, contact your doctor, and keep the below on hand for help with any symptoms you're experiencing:
- Gelsemium or Eupatorium 30 may help body aches and fatigue. Another option: Rhus tox 200 –homeopath Joette says, “When there are aches and pains and everything hurts just to be touched.”
- Arsenicum could help any GI symptoms–you could also try Nux Vomica for that if you have it or Lycopodium 30.
- Aconitum + Bryonia taken together could help cough and general virus-fighting. Other options to try for a cough: Causticum, Sulphur, or Spongia.
- Antimonium Tart could help in case you notice wheezing in lungs or shortness of breath. (But again, in this case, see your doctor!) Or Kali Carb could help breathlessness and fatigue.
- Thuja and Hepar Sulph are part of the Banerji protocol for Covid, in case you're familiar with the Banerjis.
- Remember that fevers are how the body fights off a virus (read the chapter in this book about fevers!), but Belladonna could help if needed. (Or again, see your doctor if you're concerned.)
- Note that there are many other possible homeopathics that could be taken for helping flu and/or covid depending on symptoms. Consult a homeopath if needed. (See the comments for more options!)
~2. Natural Covid Help: Supplements
I love homeopathy, but when myself or a loved one is sick, I like to hit it with ALL my options!
- As mentioned above, we take this gut-strengthening, immunity-boosting superfood: Colostrum! It goes perfectly in these superfood smoothies, or even homemade ice cream. (Watch a video here to learn more.)
- Take these immune-system-strengthening gut-building probiotics. Get a discount with the code KOP. (Kent and I take 2/day normally, and would take extra if we got sick. If you're just starting on these, work up slow so you don't get die-off GI symptoms. Did you see this COOL testimonial about these probiotics?)
- Cod liver oil daily or more when fighting something (use code KOP at that link for a discount), this has vitamin A & D and also essential fatty acids that are so important for fighting illness.
- This Zinc has been recommended for those with Covid way back from the beginning, it's known to help fight viruses.
- Vitamin C — I forgot to suggest this to her, but it would help too! I keep it on-hand in case we get sick, but we don't take it every day. (Use the code KOP for this too.) I found this in my notes but don't know where it came from, so research this first… “35 mg of vitamin C per pound of human, given at half-hour intervals until the symptoms clear, maybe a couple of hours. This also helps hangovers, and every viral infection under the sun.” They say that if you get diarrhea, you took too much, so take less.
- Turmeric — another immune system booster!
- Vitamin D (Discount with code KOP) Again, this helps boost the immune system–that's the name of the game here, as I'm sure you've figured out by now. 🙂 Sitting in the sun is great for this too, just don't get burned.
- Quercetin (apparently this helps Zinc get into your cells, that one has vitamin C too as well as Bromelain, which is contraindicated for certain people, be sure to talk to your doc and/or research this first)–Quercetin is also in many fruits, vegetables, leaves, seeds, and grains; especially red onions and kale.
~3. Natural Covid Help: Real Food/Nutrition
- Keep hydrated: sip broth (made with garlic, onions, fresh cracked pepper and real mineral-rich sea salt–those are all good for fighting illness)–get some here to keep on hand if you don't want to make it. Or drink water with fresh lemon juice and a bit of real sea salt, again, for extra minerals. If neither of those sound good, just drink whatever you can get down. Don't know how to make it? It's easy! Instructions are here.
- Avoid sugar as much as possible since, as you know, it's not good for our immune system.
- Wild-caught oysters are a great source of zinc if you like them and you have access to them!
- I'm not including the many other suggestions I'd normally make when it comes to real food, because when you're sick, most don't feel like eating much anyway, and the most important thing is keeping hydrated. But I will say that this is another reason it's important to eat well normally. Not only will you get sick less often, but when you do get sick, your body will have the nutrients stored up that it needs to fight things off.
- Okay just one more food suggestion… If you have stomach upset this may not sound good to you, but it is a powerful natural probiotic and digestion enhancer and loaded with natural vitamin C: raw sauerkraut! I try to remember to eat some every day with dinner just because it's so good for immune system heath.
- Elderberry syrup is good to keep on hand during flu season to take a spoonful of daily (or a few times a week) as another extra immune system boost.
I'm adding this list from Sally Fallon Morell: HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS (OR ANY VIRUS)
Coronavirus has been around a long time, and like any virus, it is no match for someone with a strong immune system. The principles of the Wise Traditions diet can provide strong protection:
1. Vitamin A-rich foods: Vitamin A is our number one protection against viruses. So take your cod liver oil and eat liver about once a week.
4. Gelatin-rich bone broth: Supports the immune system and helps us detoxify.
5. Vitamin C: Your best source is fermented veggies like sauerkraut–there is ten times more vitamin C in sauerkraut than in fresh cabbage!
6. Saturated Fats: Coronovirus seems to have an affinity for the lungs. Remember that your lungs can't work without saturated fats–so eat plenty of butter and avoid all industrial fats and oils.
~4. A few more important tips I came across:
- If you do get it and are in the hospital OR at home, apparently positioning yourself on your stomach as much as possible is good for your breathing. Read more here. (2nd best is sleeping on your side, but not. your back.)
- Along with getting rest, try to keep moving even if you don't feel like it. This helps keep your lungs healthy and also could help to keep blood clots from forming due to inactivity.
- ***Again, ASK ABOUT THESE MEDICATIONS if needed: The “Forbidden Covid Meds”!
- See what India is doing for less than $3 per person that has caused a dramatic drop in cases. NPR even had an article about this, BUT to them it was a complete mystery as to why cases were plummeting–no mention at all about what's working! (When I posted about this on Facebook it got censored and removed!) Why isn't this info more well-known? If people knew this, do you think they'd be as desperate to get the very new untested experimental shots so they can “get their lives back”??? Yes this is and has been a quickly-evolving situation and there may be more to this story than I know about, but shouldn't the entire truth be out there and available?!
- Repeating from above, from Dr. Mercola: He said in an interview that instead of the above medications (I'd probably do both!), he'd use this therapy with a nebulizer for any respiratory symptoms and that he hasn't seen anyone that this hasn't helped. Ask your doc or Telemed doc for their advice with this. Be sure to follow his instructions carefully. (Looks like Mercola has had to remove all Covid-related helpful articles from his site!!! I found this article on using diluted peroxide in a nebulizer, but you must dilute it correctly!)
- My other friend who had it said that she took Epsom salt baths as another way to detox, and she thinks it's one of the ways she kept her symptoms from escalating.
- Here's what a local natural doc recommends (scroll down to the bottom where it says, “Pandemic Preparedness Guide/The following is a summary of prevention and treatment of this virus.”
- From Dr. Berg: What to do at the FIRST signs of Covid (UGGGHHHH looks like this was censored and unavailable now):
I hope these natural Covid tips help you, and stay well everyone!
What did I miss? Please share in the comments!
More you might like (scroll down):
- Check this out, it's well written and easy to understand: 18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting the Covid Shot.
- Want to learn HOW to use homeopathics for Covid or ANY illness or injury? Take my consolidated online class that's starting soon! UPDATE: the course is finished, but if you're still interested contact me: [email protected].
- Don't use the hand sanitizers from the store full of nasty chemicals! Make this super simple DIY/homemade sanitizer and keep in on-hand.
- Have you seen my newly revised and expanded Real Food for Rookies book?!