Immunity-building supplements we take to keep our immune system strong during the pandemic (and what's on sale)
I told you before about all the ways I suggest you build up your immune system. Part of this includes certain supplements we take and right now a lot of those are on sale…
Perfect Supplements is one of my very favorite companies, their transparency and commitment to pure products is way beyond what most companies would ever do and I just love these guys. (And by the way, if you ever have a question about any of their products, just shoot me an email, they usually get back to me within an hour, not kidding.)
Here are a few of my favorite immunity-building supplements with a note about each as far as what we take:
- The multi-organ supplement is back in stock! We take this because we don't snack on spleen or pancreas often (ha, like ever!), but I know that those and the other organs in here are loaded with nutrients.
- Vitamin C — for a strong immune system, get the powder and add to these superfood smoothies, which is what I do.
- MCT oil — I add this into soups or sauces, etc. for a little weight loss and energy boost and to combat brain fog, or when you need more processing power! You can slip a capful into all sorts of foods — it's unnoticeable. See my video for more on MCT oil here.
- Liver detox caps — this helps your liver keep your immune system strong, helps with blood sugar control, and is an all herbal formula.
- Desiccated liver caps — because none of us eat enough of this nutrient-dense superfood and many don’t like the taste of liver anyway.
- Collagen powder has no taste, gives a nutrient-boost to my superfood smoothies or in any gravy, soup or sauce — it's the only one that is certified glyphosate-free! It's good protein plus it helps hair, skin, immune system, etc. A container of this lasts a long time and I always keep it on-hand.
- Magnesium helps with better sleep, which is super important right now for strengthening your immune system, and it's also good for pain management, anxiety and more. I don't take it often, but am glad I have it if needed.
- Grass-fed gelatin: I use this in my yummy cranberry gelatin, or make any flavor your want of this homemade “jello” that's good for you! The gelatin has similar health benefits to the collagen, but is used when you want a food to “set up”.
- My favorite lip balm everrrrr. It goes on so smoothly, I keep one by my desk, by my bed, in my purse and in my coat pocket, not kidding!
- Know anyone with joint issues? This Type II bovine Collagen is found in our cartilage and joints and can really help those dealing with joint pain and mobility issues. It's sourced from pasture-raised/grassfed cows and it is also the only one certified glyphosate-free! ***Also read more here about how this supplement has been used successfully to help those with auto-immune issues and even cancer!
- The mushroom immunity powder has THREE of the best organic mushrooms for a healthy immune system, to fight fatigue and brain fog, and for energy and better digestion. Get the capsules or the powder because, again, I add it into these superfood smoothies.
- You can also get 10% off products that are not the Perfect brand with the code KOP.
- I especially recommend cod liver oil for how it helps your gut health and makes such a difference for those with anxiety.
- Need Digestive Enzymes?
- Raw Iron
- Vitamin B complex — Kent and I both take that one, it helps with energy levels as we age and most everyone is deficient in B vitamins. Those are also 10% off with my KOP code.
- Get free shipping for orders over $99 and bulk discounts on Perfect Brand products!
- My KOP code saves an extra 10% on any sale or if you see this after the current sale, you can use the code KOP anytime for a discount!
What about Zinc?
You've probably heard how important zinc is, especially lately when it comes to treating COVID-19, but unfortunately Perfect Supplements is out of stock along with most everyone else, however, the K2 that I recommend from one of my other favorite companies also has zinc in it! (K2 tells calcium where to go in the body, so instead of forming calcifications in the arteries or in the urinary tract, as in kidney stones, OUCH, it goes to your bones where it's supposed to — read more here!)
- Get K2 with Zinc here. Kent and I take 2 a day, one in the morning with food and one with dinner. UNLESS we're fasting and only eating one meal that day, then we just take one.
- Also get some of these immune-system-strenghthening gut-building probiotics while you're there. Kent and I also take 2 of these each day (and the kids too) because it's SO important right now. The daily dose says to take just one BUT in times like these taking extra is wise — and if you have any major gut issues, you'll want to work up to taking even more to see an improvement. (Did you see this COOL testimonial about those probiotics?)
***You can always get 15% off there with my KOP code and if you get 3 or more products you'll also get free shipping, and that deal is even better than their auto-ship option.
IMPORTANT: Here's what else we're doing…
We're also getting good sleep, taking almost daily walks in the fresh air, and of course, eating plenty of safe and humanely-raised meat and other real foods with lots of healthy and nourishing fats that are so protective and immune-system building. Besides, healthy fats also taste really good and are zero carbs!
That's all for now, have a good week!