Immunity-building supplements we take to keep our immune system strong during the pandemic (and what's on sale)
I told you before about all the ways I suggest you build up your immune system. Part of this includes certain supplements we take and right now a lot of those are on sale…
Perfect Supplements is one of my very favorite companies, their transparency and commitment to pure products is way beyond what most companies would ever do and I just love these guys. (And by the way, if you ever have a question about any of their products, just shoot me an email, they usually get back to me within an hour, not kidding.)
Here are a few of my favorite immunity-building supplements with a note about each as far as what we take:
- Vitamin D3 — I like this especially in winter when I'm not getting enough from the sun, almost everyone is deficient, and lately we're for sure taking it and making sure the kids do too, to make sure they have enough to fight off a certain virus that's going around…
- Vitamin C — this one I just keep on-hand in case we get sick, but I don't take it every day.
- Vitamin B complex — Kent and I both take this one, it helps with energy levels as we age. (I sound old saying that!)
- MCT oil — I add this into soups or sauces, etc. for a little weight loss and energy boost and to combat brain fog, or when you need more processing power! You can slip a capful into all sorts of foods — it's unnoticeable. See my video for more on MCT oil here.
- Liver detox caps — this helps your liver keep your immune system strong, helps with blood sugar control, and is an all herbal formula.
- Desiccated liver caps — because none of us eat enough of this nutrient-dense superfood and many don’t like the taste of liver anyway.
- Cod liver oil is so important right now too for the natural vitamin A & D and the omega-3's! I like this one or this one.
- Collagen powder has no taste, gives a nutrient-boost to my superfood smoothies or in any gravy, soup or sauce — it's the only one that is certified glyphosate-free! It's good protein plus it helps hair, skin, immune system, etc. A container of this lasts a long time and I always keep it on-hand.
- Magnesium helps with better sleep, which is super important right now for strengthening your immune system, and it's also good for pain management, anxiety and more. I don't take it often, but am glad I have it if needed.
- ***You can also get free shipping for orders over $99 and bulk discounts on Perfect Brand products!
- If you see this after the current sale, you can use the code KOP anytime for a discount!
- Note that they also have the coconut oil I like here too.
How much you can save:
***Everything is at LEAST 15% off here with the code STAYHEALTHY15, and this CAN be combined with the volume discounts on Perfect Brand products. So if you buy 3 Perfect Brand products you'll get 25% off and then 15% off with the coupon = 40%. If you buy 6 Perfect Brand products – you'll get 30% off and then another 15% with the coupon = 45%! –> THIS SALE IS ONLY GOING ON FOR 3 DAYS.
FYI: If you see this post after the sale is over, you can ALWAYS save 10% on everything with the code KOP and you can also always get bulk discounts on top of that on their Perfect brand products.
What about Zinc?
You've probably heard how important zinc is, especially lately when it comes to treating COVID-19, but unfortunately Perfect Supplements is out of stock along with most everyone else, however, the K2 that I recommend from one of my other favorite companies also has zinc in it! (K2 tells calcium where to go in the body, so instead of forming calcifications in the arteries or in the urinary tract, as in kidney stones, OUCH, it goes to your bones where it's supposed to — read more here!)
- Get K2 with Zinc here. Kent and I take 2 a day, one in the morning with food and one with dinner. UNLESS we're fasting and only eating one meal that day, then we just take one.
- Also get some of these immune-system-strenghthening gut-building probiotics while you're there. Kent and I also take 2 of these each day (and the kids too) because it's SO important right now. The daily dose says to take just one BUT in times like these taking extra is wise — and if you have any major gut issues, you'll want to work up to taking even more to see an improvement. (Did you see this COOL testimonial about those probiotics?)
***You can always get 15% off there with my KOP code and if you get 3 or more products you'll also get free shipping, and that deal is even better than their auto-ship option.
IMPORTANT: Here's what else we're doing…
We're also getting good sleep, taking almost daily walks in the fresh air, and of course, eating plenty of safe and humanely-raised meat and other real foods with lots of healthy and nourishing fats that are so protective and immune-system building. Besides, healthy fats also taste really good and are zero carbs!
That's all for now, have a good week!