Today I have some simple suggestions for you to try: HELP for arthritis pain!
First this note/disclaimer: “The information found here has not been approved by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.” I'm only sharing one story and what I know has helped others, your situation may be VERY different, and I'm not a medical professional or anywhere close. Use this information only to do more research on your own.
Do you, or does someone you know, suffer with relentless arthritis pain? Please will you share this post with them?
I'm no longer a WAPF chapter leader (I only help to keep our local chapter website updated these days), but still find SO much help from the smartest and most health conscious people in the world on the chapter leaders' list, run by my friend Maureen. Recently in a stream about arthritis pain control, she shared some really helpful information and I got her permission to post it here. She told about what she's found to help her husband control his arthritis pain. His is due to Rheumatoid Arthritis which appears to have been triggered by Lyme Disease, however, the suggestions below are for anyone with joint pain due to inflammation!
And don't worry, you likely won't have to implement ALL of the below suggestions (but if you have to in order to be pain-free, it would be worth it!), they are just ideas for you to try and see what might work for you. I added everything here that Maureen shared, plus anything I've EVER heard of over the years that decreases arthritis pain.
Don't be overwhelmed, grab a pen and paper and write down what resonates with you as you read…
What to add IN to help relieve arthritis pain:
3 notes in case you can't afford all of the following: 1. You don't need all of these, again just see which ones resonate with you–I have them listed in order of priority, but it was hard to do that because they're all so beneficial. 2. Start with 1 or 2 at first, then see how you do, you can add or replace those later if needed. 3. Consider just taking less of these healing supplements, so it's more cost-effective and you can stretch it out longer–such as every other day instead of daily. You'll still be getting some benefits! 4. Further down the list you'll find less expensive options, especially in the next “what to avoid” section–that'll SAVE you money!
- ***Check out this article!!! It's about how true colostrum helps with arthritis: First Milking Colostrum Helps Arthritic Joints Feel Young Again. (Read more here about what it is and how to get it into your diet.)
- Check out this post for homeopathic arthritis help. Then get your remedies here for the best/most affordable pricing for the most pills. Feel free to email me for help with how much to take, which potency, etc.: [email protected].
- Also daily cod liver oil is an excellent way to help as an anti-inflammatory–pills are fine if you can't swallow the liquid. (The KOP code gets you a discount there.)
- This probiotic is known for its anti-inflammatory effects as well. (Use the code KOP for a discount there too.)
- Eat/drink gelatinous stock/broth as much as possible which is so good for your joints–read more about the benefits here. Then read Bone broth for rookies to see how easy it is to make. If you don't have time to make it yourself, this is the kind I'll buy I a pinch.
- This is also great for arthritis pain and to cushion the joints: Type II collagen. (Regular collagen is great for joints as well, you can easily slip it into soups, sauces, so many recipes!–it's certified glyphosate free and from grassfed cows.)
- Consider this sauna, it's an investment, but the testimonies for those with chronic pain and arthritis are crazy awesome!
- 1 teaspoon Borax mixed with 1 quart of water, then take 1 teaspoon of this daily in a glass of water, this has been known to decrease arthritis pain. (Just that minute amounts is all it takes. Some say there is no taste to this if you add it to food or drink, but Kent tried it plain and said it was not pleasant!)
- Take these enzymes on an empty stomach, 3 times/day (Maureen says it helped her husband because it clears the gunk out between cells.) ***Tip: If you buy more at once like these, the cost per dose is HALF.
- A morning dose of apple cider vinegar or juice from fermented vegetables is also anti-inflammatory — also click here for my FREE printable with 25 simple ways to boost your health with ACV. Many people take a tablespoon or two of ACV in some water with a little raw honey.
- Lots of good fats are a MUST to decrease inflammation (coconut oil, pastured butter or ghee, lard, tallow, raw cream from grass-fed animals, real olive oil, raw pastured egg yolks) — Here's a note I found from the WAPF about arthritis and why to avoid pasteurized dairy:
- A warm bath with epsom salts is helpful for relaxing.
- A massage with deep tissue oil or castor oil helps to decrease pain.
- Many swear by CBD oil for arthritis pain relief.
What to AVOID to help relieve arthritis pain:
- All processed and polyunsaturated vegetable oils (canola, corn, “vegetable”, safflower, cottonseed, soy) — you don't want these in your body anyway, even if you don't have arthritis! I call them, “heart killer oils“, they CAUSE inflammation in your arteries, your joints, everywhere.
- All sugar, except an occasional small amount of raw honey, other natural sugars, and fruit, only when eaten with lots of fat (cream, butter) — like this: berries and cream! (Have you read about how to lower the glycemic index of foods you love, to minimize the blood sugar spikes and weight gain?)
- All grains, no matter how they are prepared. (Maureen says, “I have yet to find anyone suffering from arthritis who does not react to even the most well prepared grains, even rice.“) Find grain-free recipe ideas here: Gluten-free/Grain-free/Low-Carb Recipes & Ideas.
- Nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers).
- Any nuts including nut butters.
An extra note from Maureen:
Kelly, you might want to note that it really makes a difference if George does not stay strict with this. Nuts send him through the roof with pain (any nuts — conventional/ not raw/ soaked/ dehydrated/ organic, including nut butters). He can handle a little bit of wine occasionally, but having some every day keeps him sore. Cider for him is out of the question. Conventional eggs fried in vegetable oil at a restaurant = PAIN!
More info that may help you:
- Can Real Food Heal Arthritis? If you suffer with arthritis pain, wait 'til you read this story!
- Is your joint pain due to Fibromyalgia or another chronic auto-immune disorder? Click here to get this freebie report: Natural Ways to Reduce and Even Eliminate Fibromyalgia Pain