Today I have some simple suggestions for you to try: HELP for arthritis pain!
First this note/disclaimer: “The information found here has not been approved by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.” I'm only sharing our own story, your situation may be VERY different, and I'm not a medical professional or anywhere close. Use this information only to do more research on your own!
Do you, or does someone you know, suffer with relentless arthritis pain? Please will you share this post with them?
I'm no longer a WAPF chapter leader (I only help to keep our local chapter website updated these days), but still find SO much help from the smartest and most health conscious people in the world on the chapter leaders' list, run by Maureen Diaz. Recently in a stream about arthritis pain control, she shared some really helpful information and I got her permission to post it here. She told about what she's found to help her husband control his arthritis pain. His is due to Rheumatoid Arthritis which appears to have been triggered by Lyme Disease, however, the suggestions below could help anyone with pain due to inflammation.
And don't worry, you likely won't have to implement ALL of the below suggestions (but if you have to in order to be pain-free, it would be worth it), they are just ideas for you to try and see what might work for you.
What to add IN to help relieve arthritis pain:
- Be sure to take this probiotic known for its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Also daily cod liver oil is an excellent to help as an anti-inflammatory as well.
- Eat/drink gelatinous stock/broth as much as possible. Read Bone broth for rookies to see how easy it is to make. Don't have time to make it yourself, this is the only kind I'll buy I a pinch.
- This is also great for arthritis pain: grass fed collagen — add to your broth and any sauces, stews, soups, etc. — it dissolves easily with no taste and is so good for you!
- Consider this sauna, it's an investment but the testimonies for those with chronic pain and arthritis are crazy awesome!
- 1 teaspoon Borax mixed with 1 quart of water, then take 1 teaspoon of this daily in a glass of water. (That’s all, just minute amounts is all it takes. Some say there is no taste to this if you add it to food or drink, but Kent tried it plain and said it was not pleasant!)
- Wobenzymes on an empty stomach, 3 times/day (Maureen says it clears the gunk out between cells.) ***Tip: If you buy more at once like these, the cost is HALF.
- A morning dose of apple cider vinegar or juice from fermented vegetables — also click here for my FREE printable with 25 simple ways to boost your health with ACV. Many people take a tablespoon or two of ACV in some water with a little raw honey.
- Lots of good fats are a MUST to decrease inflammation (coconut oil, pastured butter or ghee, lard, tallow, raw cream from grass-fed animals, real olive oil, raw pastured egg yolks) — Here's a note I found from the WAPF about arthritis and pasteurized dairy:
- A warm bath with epsom salts is helpful.
- A massage with deep tissue oil or castor oil.
- Recently I've been learning more about homeopathy, definitely check out this post for LASTING arthritis help.
- Many swear by CBD oil for pain relief.
What to AVOID to help relieve arthritis pain:
- All processed and polyunsaturated vegetable oils (canola, corn, “vegetable”, safflower, cottonseed, soy) — you don't want these in your body anyway, even if you don't have arthritis! I call them, “heart killer oils“.
- All sugar, except an occasional small amount of raw honey, and fruit only with lots of fat (cream, butter) — like this: berries and cream! (Have you read about how to lower the glycemic index of foods you love, to minimize the blood sugar spikes and weight gain?)
- All grains, no matter how they are prepared. (Maureen says, “I have yet to find anyone suffering from arthritis who does not react to even the most well prepared grains, even rice.“) Find grain-free recipe ideas here: Gluten-free/Grain-free/Low-Carb Recipes & Ideas.
- Nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers).
- Any nuts including nut butters.
An extra note from Maureen:
Kelly, you might want to note that it really makes a difference if George does not stay strict with this. Nuts send him through the roof with pain (any nuts — conventional/ not raw/ soaked/ dehydrated/ organic, including nut butters). He can handle a little bit of wine occasionally, but having some every day keeps him sore. Cider is out of the question. Conventional eggs fried in vegetable oil at a restaurant = PAIN!
More info that may help you:
- Can Real Food Heal Arthritis? If you suffer with arthritis pain, wait 'til you read this story!
- Is your joint pain due to Fibromyalgia or another chronic auto-immune disorder? Click here to get this freebie report: Natural Ways to Reduce and Even Eliminate Fibromyalgia Pain