Seems like my morning mix-up post doesn't get up in the mornings lately, but I'm pretty sure no one cares, so let's just pretend it's still morning for a sec…
This will be quick because our bible study group comes here tonight and I have to get desserts made. I'm trying a new Oreo pie dessert (with organic Oreos of course) and I'll post the recipe if it turns out good. I'm also making another dessert for my paleo friends with food allergies and using organic coconut cream, which I haven't worked with much — I hope I don't screw it up! (I lament about food allergies a bit in this post and how it's tricky having company over these days.)
So here's what I've found for you recently in the real foodie world…
- First up, to go with the picture above, is a pretty good article I found: 7 Halloween candies with scary-long ingredient lists. It gives “better” alternatives, but I'm doing the same this year as I did last, call me a Halloween prude if you will, but this is what I'm giving out, and they're cheap, too!
- I wanted to make sure you know about the Truth About Cancer series. What I love about this one is that it's loaded with information you won't hear anywhere else, and especially not from your conventional doctor. Click here to watch. Please pass this along to your loved ones with cancer!
- Today I'm announcing the winner of the $50 Amazon gift card (I originally told you about it in this post), and the winner is: Betsy! Contact me within 48 hours with your mailing address, and I'll send it off to you: Kelly@KellytheKitchenKop.com. Congrats! Remember everyone: stay subscribed to KK emails so you're eligible for future giveaways. 🙂
- Notice anything new on my site? Of course it's not perfect, nothing around here is ever easy! But check out how you can hover over the blue navbar now (I don't think this works on mobile, only on desktop computers), and all the subcategories show up. However, there are still too many subcategories for them all to show right, so I've got a friend helping me figure that out — please be patient with me! If ever you want to look at all the categories and subcategories here on the blog, just click on the “archives” tab up above my picture in the sidebar (or just click here) and scroll down at that page to find it.
- The other day I woke up and was getting ready to take our son to his homeschool enrichment classes and saw the lunch he made for himself the night before — I was so proud! See it (and follow me on Instagram!) by clicking here. Actually I'd better post it here in case you don't have Instagram, but if you do, please follow me at that link! Here's what he had: Farm sausage, popcorn (organic & made with coconut oil & butter of course), leftover cinnamon apples (maple syrup and cinnamon), sauerkraut, and his water bottle. Pretty good, don't you think?!
- I was so happy to read the headline on this that someone sent me last week: Is this the beginning of the end for non-fat yogurt? Is it just me, or are you tired of the limited options we have at the store for whole milk yogurts??? Read more about healthy fat and cholesterol issues here.
- Here's another new article I found: How to stop and reverse gum disease with diet and nutrition. (Note that we don't eat primal/paleo around here, but if we had any health issues, I'd definitely be looking into it as it has helped SO many.) Here's another one you might like: Does brushing after a meal harm my teeth?
- This is important with all the election talk we're hearing these days: What the news isn't saying about the vaccine/Autism studies.
- A friend sent this and said, “As if we needed MORE reasons to avoid the flu shot…” Almost 70 patients tested for HIV and Hepatitis after nurse caught reusing a syringe for flu shots. Yikes. Read more about our vaccine decisions here.
- Did you see this one? Aldi is removing hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, and MSG from its stores. It's a great start!
- Anyone else think weddings have gone OVER the top now? Here's proof.
- Interesting: Map of the Most Obese States.
- Did you catch all of these recent posts? Here they are in case you missed them:
- The Best Deal on a Non-Toxic Mattress – Do YOU Need Back Pain Relief? $500+ Offer to Help You Decide
- Breast Cancer Recovery and Why You May NOT Want a Needle Biopsy
- PLEASE Pray and Asking a Favor from My Regular Readers Only…
- Homemade Deodorant Powder: DIY Recipe that actually WORKS
- Ideas for Halloween Party Food (Plus I did something BAD…)
- Nursing Home Food Should Be Illegal
- Looking for the Best Heartburn Relief? Back Away from the Tums!
- This Garlic Ketchup Recipe will Make Your French Fries Extra Dreamy!
Have a good weekend!
(Affiliate links are often included in Morning Mix-up posts. Check out my affiliate disclaimer here.)