Hey real foodies, need a good inspiring movie to watch on a Friday night? Curl up with some tasty, nutrient-dense popcorn made with coconut oil and lots of butter and enjoy! (Wonder if popcorn is good for you or if it has GMOs?)
The food system is slowly poisoning all of us
The food system is slowly poisoning all of us, it’s almost like a silent, self-administered genocide for the population and we don’t notice. If we just ate real food most of the time, we’d probably be a whole lot healthier, but then you have to figure out what’s real food. Real food doesn’t come from concentrated animal feeding operations and it doesn’t come from the the big poultry companies…”
We've changed it all. I think that the basic tenet of life is to wake up in the morning, work really hard growing food, share the work and the experience with your community and your family, come home, prepare a harvested meal, a great, well-cooked meal, and have fun and laughter. That's the day, that's the life, that's what it was about, we've added too many things to it.”
“All we can do is change course. Right where we are. Stop and shift and do things differently.”
Watch the Edible City Trailer (or watch the entire movie below!) – click the full screen symbol to see it better:
Watch the entire Edible City movie:
More real food movie trailers & posts:
- Fat Head – possibly my favorite of them all, because of its clear explanation of the saturated fat myth.
- Julie & Julia – SUCH a cute movie!
- Food, Inc. – read what I thought about the movie. (The trailer gives me chills every time.) Also, see this post the Truth about Food, Inc. – an interesting interview with Michael Pollan & the film maker. One more – Jeanmarie wrote a great Food, Inc. movie review!
- Food Fight – starring Michael Pollan & Alice Waters, so you know it’s good.
- King Corn – is corn making us fat?
- Food Matters – a powerful movie that will make you think!
- The Meatrix movies – short films with a huge message.
- The Future of Food – this movie will make you angry.
- Fresh – an updated post.
- See the french fry experiment from Supersize me on YouTube. Gross!
- Note: I highly recommend the movie, “Supersize Me“, but BEWARE, there are two different versions: PG-13 and the PG/family friendly version!
- Real Food Movie: inGREEDients
- Farmageddon Filmmaker, Kristin Canty – the Beginnings of Her Real Food Movement
- American Meat – Is it possible to change the system?!