As I watched the movie, Food, Inc., recently, I felt sad, frustrated and ticked off, (crying and covering my eyes at times), but kept having to remind myself of this: just the fact that all of the bullcrap was coming to light in this film is a VERY positive fact indeed. And it’s really true, we can make a change one meal at a time with our food dollars!
Read a couple excerpts from the post, The Truth about Food, Inc., which includes an interview with Michael Pollan & the filmmaker:
- ”It’s going to be mothers who are feeding their children who will help change this system.”
- “The health care debate is going to drive the food debate, because you cannot address these health care costs without addressing the food system. More than half of what we spend on healthcare, of that 2.5 trillion, is going to treat preventable, chronic diseases linked to diet.”
“More than half of what we spend on healthcare, of that 2.5 trillion, is going to treat preventable, chronic diseases linked to diet.”
LET’S ALL MAKE IT STOP!
GO see this movie!
- Read what bugged Hallee about Food, Inc. (She makes a great point!)
- READ DONIELLE’S POST ON Food, Inc. full of more details that I didn’t take good enough notes on to share. (Thanks again for organizing, Donielle!)
- More food movie links!
- By the way, in the picture above, regular readers will probably recognize 3 of my friends who have contributed to the blog. They’re in the middle front: Sue, the one who submitted the wildly popular Baked Oatmeal post and also one of my favorites, the Natural, Healthy, Green Parenting post; Jenn, the one who used to write book reviews for my site, but then the crazy girl went and got a full time job, darn it (here’s Jenn’s guest interview); and Lyn, who has given me some recipes for the blog (White Chicken Chili with only 4 Ingredients, French Stew, Tortilla Soup for just a few), and she also did a guest interview for me. (I’m on the far left and Donielle is the one on the left with the baby.)
- To hold you over until you can see it for yourself, watch this short trailer…