- Wendy reviewed “Organic Manifesto” in this post and is great at weaving a story in with the facts: A farmer's daughter's response to Organic Manifesto.
- Gina reviewed “The Schwarzbein Principle II“: “I realized that I’m still recovering from 16 years of vegetarianism, even after almost 3 years of a WAPF diet and lifestyle. The information in The Schwarzbein Principle II was the extra “oomph” that I needed to speed up the healing of my own metabolism.”
- Peggy from Local Nourishment shares her review of the book, “Crazy Makers”: “The author hammers home the importance of providing and consuming proper nutrition as early in life as possible, but she does not leave those of us getting a slower start completely without hope. Her case studies again and again show that before the counselor, before the pharmacy, if we will tend to the diet, immediate and even amazing improvements can be seen.”
More Reader Book Reviews coming soon!
BOOK REVIEWS BY JENN
- “The Real Food Revival“ – A big hit in Jenn's book!
- “Wild Fermentation” by Sandor Ellix Katz – Jenn suggests checking this book out at the library before buying – read this entertaining book review for a chuckle and find out why.
- “In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto” by Michael Pollan – if you haven't heard of Michael Pollan, trust us, you'll want to learn from him. Only one thing bugs me, and Jenn touched on this in her book review: he doesn't recommend eating much meat, but yet he doesn't stress the amazing differences between grocery store meat and meat from a local farm where the animals are treated well, fed well, and out on pasture whenever possible.
- Read more about Jenn in her Guest Interview