Chinese food has always been a favorite of ours and we used to go to Chinese restaurants all of the time, but since we started following a more traditional diet over the past few years, I can’t bring myself to go anymore. First, because the nasty vegetable oils most of them use literally make me sick, and second, because I know how terrible those oils are for us, even if they didn’t give me abdominal pains that remind me of labor.
Now I love cooking Chinese food at home, so I can use my own ingredients!
Here are some of my favorite Chinese recipes – please tell us which Chinese recipes do you love?! (Maybe I’ll try them and add them to this list.)
- Recipe for deep fried heaven – you’ll need this info to make some of the recipes here.
- Kitchen Kop’s Homemade Egg Rolls – I love being able to make these myself! I pulled together a few different recipes and can’t wait to hear what you think.
- Kitchen Kop's Sweet & Sour Chicken or Pork Recipe – This used to be my “signature” dish when friends and family came over, and now that I’ve discovered tallow, I can make it again! (Not that many years ago I hadn’t even heard of tallow!)
- Egg Drop Soup – SO easy and nourishing – a 5-Minute Meal!
- Chicken (or Pork) Stir-Fried Rice (Easy and a hit with the fam) & here’s a meatless fried rice recipe – also a very nourishing comfort food.
- Yakisoba – yes, this one is Japanese, not Chinese, and it’s on our family favorite meals list.
- Kent’s Easy Asian Pork Loin (gluten-free & low-carb, too.)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps like P.F. Chang's
- Baked Crab Rangoons – these can be made ahead!