Call me a freak, but certain recipes get me really excited. This is one of them! This Egg Drop Soup recipe has a lot going for it:
- Takes FIVE minutes to make
- Tastes wonderful
- All four kids loved it
- It's got ZERO carbs
- It's grain-free/gluten-free
- It can be easily adapted for one person or a big group
- Best of all, it's PACKED with nutrition! (Read about all the nutrition in eggs and bone broth!)
It's a great day-after-you-make-a-whole-chicken meal since you'll have your broth ready. Here's how to make bone broth for rookies.
(I now know how quick and simple pressure cooker broth is so I can make some mineral-rich broth more quickly in a pinch. If you just don't think you will make it or want some on hand for when you're really crunched for time, try this bone broth — it's 100% grass-fed with a bunch of gelatin, organic ingredients, and it's shelf stable! I love keeping their beef and chicken broth on-hand for quick recipes because they make it just like I do here, and without the nasty msg-like ingredients, additives, or preservatives that store-bought has.)
Egg Drop Soup
- Make or thaw your chicken broth in a soup pot, as you bring it to a boil, toss in your green onions and the sea salt & pepper. (***The key to this soup being delicious is getting your salt & pepper right! If you nail this part, then everyone will be all over your dinner. All six of us loved it, and I loved knowing all the nutrition they were getting from the chicken broth and eggs.)
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Once you have the seasonings how you want them and the broth is boiling, remove it from the heat. You'll need help with the next step. Have one person slowly pour the eggs through a fork into the soup, while the other person whisks the whole time, and keep whisking for another minute after the eggs are all in. (Whisk slowly for bigger pieces of egg, which we prefer, or faster for smaller pieces that are hardly noticeable in the soup.)
- Now serve – that's it! Once your broth is done this soup takes no more than 5 MINUTES to make!
More you might like:
- Want more quick and nourishing meal ideas?
- Love Chinese food? Here are a bunch more of my Chinese food recipes
- More egg recipes!
- Best Deals on Coconut Oil
- How the Bosch saves me time!
- Complete index of recipes
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.