Looking for a copycat recipe for chicken lettuce wraps like P.F. Changs?
My sister came up with one that has lower carbs than the typical recipe but is still loaded with flavor. I'm still eating somewhat lower-carb meals since losing my menopause weight, and thankfully there are so many flavorful keto/low-carb recipes out there. This is a favorite for sure.
My sister Terri is also watching her carbs and the other day she asked if I knew of a recipe for chicken lettuce wraps like P.F. Changs. We looked online and were shocked that the one we both thought sounded really good had super high carbs – pretty surprising for a lettuce wrap. So she went to work and came up with this tasty recipe instead which has MUCH fewer carbs.
She said, “Tell your readers that they may be ordering those chicken wraps at P.F. Chang’s thinking that they’re being ‘good’, but they’re really not!”
Terri’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps like P.F. Changs
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- Celery-about 2 ribs chopped
- 4 ounces cooked chicken preferably pasture-raised chicken, cut up small
- 1/2 can sliced water chestnuts chopped (optional)
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fermented soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze, balsamic vinegar, or rice wine vinegar
- 8 or more crispy almonds chopped
- 4 green onion chopped
- Saute garlic and ginger in sesame oil for a minute or so, then add the other ingredients (all except the green onion and almonds) and cook everything until hot. To serve, place 2 Tablespoons of the mixture in a cold romaine leaf or red leaf lettuce. Add green onions and almonds on top.Serve with buttered rice or fried rice on the side for those who are not eating low-carb.My note: We use organic lettuce and can’t wait to get it from our garden again this summer! The Romaine leaves aren’t as easy to roll up and eat, so I tossed it in a bowl like a salad. If you like extra sauce, you could mix up a little more fermented soy sauce and balsamic glaze.
If you make these, please tell us how your recipe is different?
More you might like:
- Again, here's my post about how I finally lost my menopause weight.
- The only chicken salad recipe you'll ever need! This has every option and variation so you can make chicken salad with what you have on-hand, or give it any extra yummy flavors you're craving.
- More Asian food recipes for those that love it like we do, but would rather make it ourselves so we know what’s in it.
- You’ll need this recipe for deep fried heaven to make some of the above Chinese recipes.
- More posts on dieting and cutting carbs.
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.