People have been asking for unbiased Just Thrive testimonies.
This is my favorite probiotic, and many have asked to hear from those who take it and love it but don't get any benefit from recommending it. Because for some of you, eating a Weston A. Price Foundation diet may not be enough for healing and you wonder if this probiotic is worth the extra cost. (You probably know that I'm an affiliate for Just Thrive, so not exactly unbiased, however I do take it myself and won't take anything else.)
See the Just Thrive testimonies below, but here's more about why it's worth it and what's SO different about it: Is My Probiotic Really Helping or am I Wasting Money? 5 Ways to Know For Sure.
Basically it works like a master gardener in your gut.
- It cleans up and clears out the bad bacteria (weeds), and nurtures the good bacteria (beautiful flowers or vegetables).
- It's different because it's been proven to work — it has been shown to improve Leaky Gut at one cap daily in 30 days with no other changes in diet or lifestyle. Those results were peer reviewed and published August 2017: Oral spore-based probiotic supplementation. It involved 100 people. Half got the probiotic, half didn't. Everyone who got the probiotic improved, with very little to no change for those with the placebo. AND it is spore-based so it actually makes it alive all the way to your gut where it can work, unlike almost every other probiotic:
First –> suggestions on how to afford it:
We all know that “you get what you pay for”, but that doesn't help those who just can't afford it or are overwhelmed with the cost. There are two ways to make Just Thrive more affordable:
- Click here and use my code KOP for 10% off.
- Do what my friend and blog contributor, Joanie, suggests: “Take it every other day to cut the cost in HALF. Every other day of a probiotic that actually works is much better than taking what doesn't work every day! I have one friend who takes her JT cap once or twice a week depending on her finances. But she gets so much more benefit from JT compared to others that she refuses to switch. She also, by the way, sparingly gives it to her two dogs after it cured her puppy's violent diarrhea from drinking a poisoned puddle. She figures she's probably saving on vet bills by giving it to them proactively.” (Again, see her post here for more details on HOW it works: Is My Probiotic Really Helping or am I Wasting Money? 5 Ways to Know For Sure.)
Is the WAPF Diet Enough for Healing?
This was the topic on a recent forum I belong to for Weston A. Price Foundation chapter leaders. (I'm an ex-chapter leader and haven't been kicked out yet, lol.) While there are numerous testimonies of those who have had major health improvements when switching to a WAPF diet (too many to count over the years!), there are still some who don't completely regain their health, no matter how well they eat, or how many times they may do the GAPS Diet.
So I'm letting you in on a little of that conversation, with permission…
My wife and I have both been through GAPS about six years ago. I healed up nicely, but my wife was on 8 years of antibiotics as a child, born C-section, not breastfed, etc. We took the best we could find in probiotics, we make our own kraut and kombucha, kefir, pickles, etc., and nothing has fully restored her gut. We primarily took Bio-Cult, Primal Defense, and a few others. Two months ago, after reading and questioning how effective probiotics are after dealing with stomach acid, I ordered Just Thrive and insisted that my wife try it. She did not want to because of the price, but she did. It was so immediately effective (die-off effect), that she had to cut the pills in half and this lasted for a week before she was able to graduate to a whole pill. She is slowing working her way up. Nothing has ever worked like this! Three of the other probiotics per day didn't do for her what one Just Thrive pill does. I ordered it, because I had just read two of Perlmutter's books and Just Thrive has the strains he recommends.
I can't say enough good things about Just Thrive and I don't get a dime from anyone.
I am still using up the last of the our other probiotics, but I have taken one JT per day for 3 consecutive days, just to know the difference. I can emphatically say that I am convinced that JT absolutely gets past the gut acids and works hugely, compared to any probiotic I have taken in the past, including the one I'm trying to use up. We do regret that it is expensive, because we are on a limited income, but you get what you pay for. If I feel better, I can work harder. If I work harder, I can have more income.
I asked my wife to respond regarding her use of JT. Here is what she wrote:
Symptoms that cleared on the GAPS diet (find out more at that link about GAPS if you're not familiar with it)
- Overall improvement in brain fog (much decreased)
- Complete elimination of pins and needles sensation in arms
- Improvement in overall hormonal issues
- Elimination of extreme bouts of anxiety
- Improvement of stomach bloating/pain/distress
- Improvement in some food intolerances
- Improvement in skin issues (elimination of burning, less itching)
- Weight loss
- Improvement of joint pain
Since gaining some healing from GAPS, I am much more tolerant of added probiotic supplementation, but Just Thrive is kicking my butt. I'm convinced that it is being assimilated and is working and I'm looking forward to continued healing. The bottom line I guess is that doing all the right things, eating all the right foods, and supplementing with fermented foods and drinks does not guarantee resolution of gut problems for everyone. It would sure be nice if it did.
Just Thrive Testimonies — Do you remember this one? Also unbiased:
By the way, in case you're wondering what is a “die-off reaction”…?
The strains in Just Thrive will immediately go to work in your intestines killing off pathological strains. The protein cell bodies of these dead microflora and the toxins they contain will need to be filtered out of your system by your detoxifying organs.
Depending on the numbers of pathological strains in your gut, your liver and kidneys may get temporarily overwhelmed. You may experience fatigue, gastrointestinal discomfort, headache or any kind of aggravation of your usual, chronic symptoms.
This is a great sign! It means Just Thrive is doing exactly what you want it to do, which is killing “the bad guys.” You just need to slow the process down to let your liver and kidneys catch up.
If that happens? (Of course consult with your natural-minded doctor, but also…) Drink lots of water and simply back off to one cap every second or third day, or try a half cap, whatever works. And as soon as you feel better, take it again!
The key is to stick with it, but at the pace your body determines. That will keep your health moving in a spiral upwards.
Who can take it? As always, consult with your doctor before taking any medication and/or supplements. However, this has been safely given to pregnant and nursing mothers, infants, toddlers and children, elders and those on medication. One thing I can say, is that if a mom has 5 kids, I consistently hear stories of very swift improvement for children and babies. For mom it may take longer.
WHY isn't eating the right foods always enough?
There are many possible reasons (more from Joanie):
- Our food and agricultural systems have been bombarded and contaminated with pesticides, notably glyphosate (Roundup). Read more: Why Glyphosate is Dangerous.
- Many of us were not breastfed, we may have been born via C-section, or we were weaned onto carbs instead of meat and egg yolks — all of these can create microbiome dysfunction. Read more: The BEST Way to Protect Your Immune System – It's Not What You Think.
- Our current generation face a lot of antibiotic exposure during and just before the birth process. Not to mention in their childhood years and beyond — both in food as well as prescribed as a medication, which can impair our gut microbiome for up to TWO YEARS… or more.
- Most pharmaceutical medications mess up our gut, including birth control pills and ESPECIALLY meds for anxiety or depression — read more: The Dangers of the Birth Control Pill, and instead of anxiety meds, read this first: How to Fight Depression and Anxiety Naturally: 20 Helpful Tips for Anxiety, Depression, and Fatigue.
- We live in a too sterile environment (think hand sanitizers).
- Our bodies are overloaded with many more vaccines than ever before.
Yes, it stinks that it's so hard to get these necessary bacteria from our food supply which is how we should be getting them for free. It also stinks that many of us get so immune compromised from day one with gut dysbiosis induced by the constant exposure to anti-microbials that daily impact our gut.
But the wonderful thing about being part of the WAPF community is…
We have access to so much more REAL health information than most people, plus supportive help when needed, whether it's from local chapter leaders, bloggers like Kelly (if you're part of her Krew, she answers reader questions personally and at no charge!), or going to the WAPF conferences where you learn so much.
This year Kiran Krishnan will be at the WAPF conference in November, he's the Just Thrive microbiologist, and I'm looking forward to asking him more questions directly!
This is Kelly again, and along with Joanie and many others I'm sure, we plan to be Kiran Krishnan groupies at his talk! 🙂 If you can't be there, watch my Twitter account where I'll be doing live tweets and sharing sound bites (from his talk and others that I'll catch too). Every year I also try to put some conference scoop up on my Facebook page and my Instagram, so be sure to connect with me there!
What about YOU?
Have you felt better on the WAPF and/or the GAPS diet? Or maybe you've noticed a difference, but aren't all the way better? I hope you'll share your story, and also your own Just Thrive testimonies too.
More you might like:
- IMPORTANT: Many who have been unable to get better in the ways mentioned above have found complete symptom reversal with one of Joette's homeopathy courses such as her Good Gut Bad Gut class, or you could work directly with Joette.
- Again, here's a beautiful 6-minute Just Thrive testimony (also unbiased): This Mom Will Make You Cry: How One Small Change Brought Hope for Her Autistic Son!
- Why Kent Takes a Spoonful of Coconut Oil Every Morning (+ Coconut Oil Benefits and Which Coconut Oil is Best)