Are flu shots mandatory at your workplace?
Mandatory vaccinations are a clear infringement on our rights as Americans, but they are a testament to the power of the Rx Mafia for sure. Today you'll learn about two brilliant ways for how to get out of mandatory flu shots.
First, if you need more ammunition when debating with your boss, your doctor, or your friends and family, see these past posts on the topic:
- 60 Percent of Doctors Refuse to Get Flu Shots Flu shots have become the mad cry of quackery in modern medicine, which believes that the human immune system is useless to prevent infectious disease and must be artificially hijacked by invasive medical procedures (a shot) in order to function correctly.
- 10 Tips for How to build up your immune system naturally! When it’s the cold and flu season, do you or your kids seem to catch everything going around, and always get a bad case of it? If so, then you’re being given a warning to build up your immune system.
- Healthcare Workers: How to Refuse Mandatory Vaccines and Not Get Fired – the letter Becky used to get out of it.
- Healthcare Workers – How to Avoid the Flu Shot and Not Get Fired (Part 2) – the video gives clear advice on your options.
- All about our own vaccine decisions and how we decided the right path for our family – what a huge decision we had to make when I was pregnant for our youngest. Too bad I didn't know enough to question everything with the birth of our other three kids… 🙁
- Last one: Vaccine Rights Lawyer Speaks Out: There is Extensive Corruption – This attorney sheds more light on the scary stuff going on behind the scenes, and what you can do.
Here Are the Two Brilliant Workarounds:
If you feel stuck and don't know how to preserve your job but yet avoid the toxins in flu shots, here are two great ideas from a reader in the comments at the post, Why One Man is Choosing the Mask:
I’ve been following the flu shot scandal for quite a few years and have never been forced to receive the vaccine–until this year. I just started my first job as a new nurse and this year the flu shot is required at my hospital. I am considering trying to get an exemption approved to wear the mask, but as a brand new nurse and new employee I am worried this will add too much stress to my already difficult time adjusting to a new position. I have come across 2 other options that I wanted to share in case they might help anyone else.
1. My physician, a naturopath, provides flu shots at his clinic and he offered to give me an extremely dilute one (less than 1 drop of vaccine in a saline syringe) so that he can legally sign the paper saying he gave me the shot.
2. Also, I have a friend who went to a drug store pharmacy when the pharmacist wasn’t there, paid for the shot but did not receive it, then submitted the receipt to her workplace. I am pondering what to do this year. I want to take a stand but don’t feel good about causing too many waves right now. If nothing else, I want to protect myself quietly. Does anyone have any other alternatives to share?
Desperate times require desperate solutions, right?
Jill (the original guest-author of that post) commented with some great points:
It is a sad day indeed, when we must be so darn creative in order to protect our health, but all the same, these are pretty brilliant ideas. As far as ethical dilemmas go, this makes me think about all the people who illegally housed Jews during WWII in Europe, and those who falsified IDs, food rationing books, etc…. to protect people from the tyranny of a government completely out of control at the time. When the government oversteps its bounds of authority (literally into people’s bloodstreams) I don’t see it as wrong to refuse to submit, or to use whatever means necessary to protect ourselves. It is as if a type of war has been declared, not by healthcare workers themselves, but against them. On the flip side, if a person, against their conscience, will, and better judgement, submits to getting a flu shot and is seriously injured by it, the people behind these tyrannical mandates become guilty of even more wrong, and the one who violated their conscience becomes complicit in it. Dicey stuff.
(Note: if you can't get out of it, read Protection before forced vaccination!)
Cristina commented with another approach, one that is brilliant in a different way:
While it sounds incredibly tempting to be able to get out of wearing a mask this flu season by presenting a receipt for the flu vaccine from the local drugstore (a brilliant idea by the way!), I choose the mask. To me, it is a statement. I will not have my civil rights violated. I will not be told what I can and cannot do with my body. Recently, as my hospital gears up for the mandatory vaccine, I’ve had three co-workers approach me and ask the reasons that I chose not to get the vaccine last year. Was I getting it this year? They wanted to know why I thought it was bad for my health and then they began to share their concerns at having to get the vaccine themselves again this year. In addition to this, two others have said they will be joining me in wearing the mask this season.
In choosing to wear the mask, I hope to let everyone know that there are other options, though they may be unpopular and thus prove a more difficult road to travel, they will not be alone if they choose this route. I completely understand anyone else’s decision to get the vaccine or present the receipt for it. We all must assess our situations and act in our families best interests.
What will you do when faced with the same decision?
- Should you or your kids get the flu shot? In one of Sally Fallon’s talks at the Deidre Currie Festival, she showed a picture of a display at a pharmaceutical conference for a research company, and on their big sign it said, “We’ll get you the results you want.” No need to worry about getting accurate results that convey the truth, it’s all about getting the results to show what the money is paying for it to show!
- Ooooh, this one got me on a rant! Flu Propaganda for Children
- Don't miss this! Protection before forced vaccination!
I have never had a flu.shot in 26 years
I have never been sick and i work.in.health care
You are wise!
Has anybody tried this method of paying for it at Walgreens but not getting it? I just got hired by a huge health network and I have a doctors note exempting me from a few years ago from a doc in another state. My new job won’t accept this doc note and will not exempt me but yet the employee health department also won’t give me the vac because I’ve had a reaction. They want me to either go pay hundreds of dollars to go see an allergist or I can just go get the vac on my own(and pay on my own). I really don’t feel this is legal but I’m also in a position that I need this job and need to start working so I’m very curious on if this Walgreens method works?
Meg did you ever try this? That’d be great if it does work!
i got the flu many times, and guess what, i’m alive and kicking, and in better health than most people around.
what they hell is wrong with getting the flu? so friggin what ?? we get the flu, get sick for few days, and get better. that’s f…. life!! what the hell is wrong with this world??!!
i refuse to give the shots to my kids, but in NJ it is mandatory by a state law. i guess we have the most corrupt politicians in the country here.
i am looking for options to fight it and not give them the shots, without risking them being kicked out of school, and without probably having to pay tons of money to a law firm to file a suit against the state, which i will most probably lose.:(
p. bailey says
It’s OK. You & your kids probably won’t get the flu.
Because most of the people around you will have the sense to take the dam flu shot!
I’ve had the flu ONCE.
And guess what, it was when my mother forced me to get the shot. Hah.
It killed my immune system and I got the flu and other viruses and ended up hospitalized.
6 years later, I have yet to get another flu shot, I work with the general public, and guess what? .. I haven’t gotten the flu!
Or any other sickness excluding ONE sinus infection.
I’m all for vaccines, but the flu shot is a joke.
Oh, and another thing I had taken care of my friend, while sick, to find out she had the flu. And, 4 weeks later I still haven’t gotten sick.
Common sense and hygiene actually help a lot in the germ department.
Yep and so do things like cod liver oil and pastured butter and nutritious foods, etc. 🙂
Sense enough to get the flu shot? Did you really say that? Do you know what the ingredients are?
Your ignorance is showing.
In some cases couldn’t you claim an allergy? Some of those shots can’t be taken if you’re allergic to eggs; or at least that’s how I remember it from 20 years ago. I think I would just read the insert to find out if there are any allergy warnings and then say “oh, i can’t take that, I’m just terribly allergic to (fill in the blank)”.
I wonder if these will work when ObamaCare is in full force as mandatory vaccines are a part of the plan.
That’s a scary thought. I can see a few possibilities if that happens. Enough people loudly and stubbornly refusing to put an end to it, most people caving and making it much harder for the minority who won’t compromise, or sweeping trends of people paying for shots and getting paperwork for it done, but not actually getting the shots. There would need to be quite a few sympathizers in position to help. Insane that these conversations are even happening, isn’t it? Let’s pray these ideas will never be put to the test.
What in the world? The only thing mandatory regarding vaccines and the affordable care act is that insurance plans have to pay for them. Regardless of your stance on ACA and vaccines, let’s at least get the facts straight.
These are great ideas for the medical provider to be able to avoid the flu shot. But does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid giving adoptive children vaccines before they are allowed to immigrate to the US to be adopted? It seems that this is a requirement and you can’t refuse at all (I have a friend going through this right now). Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Melissa @ RealFoodEater says
I would contact the vaccine rights lawyer Kelly mentioned – I’m guessing he can help with that!
If you cannot avoid getting a vaccine, research a homeopathic called Apis Mellifica. That is what I would take if forced to take a flu shot or a vaccine.
I would also eat raw kimchi, raw kombucha, raw kefir. These are Probiotic foods that can help keep your gut biome balanced which in turn keeps your immune system healthy. Also drink extra water, clean water, for a few days.