Today I'm guest-posting over at Keeper of the Home! Below is an excerpt, along with links to some related posts you may have missed. Then be sure to click over there to read the whole article…
Our son accuses me of relating every problem in the world back to food. He'll say, “Why are there wars? Because people don't eat enough healthy fats of course!” 🙂 And he's right, I do tend to think that most problems, well health problems anyway, can be prevented or reversed by eating well. Perhaps it's because I've seen it with my own eyes, in my own family, and heard from so many readers who have become well again once they cleaned up their diet and began eating more nutrient-dense foods. (Here are just a few of those healing stories!)
Can real food cure every illness and reverse every disease?
Of course not, but it could prevent and reverse many… Conversely, can poor nutrition be blamed for all health issues? Again, no, but it can be blamed for many!
I know, I know, there are many other issues in the longevity mix that go beyond food — some we can control, others not so much:
- Environmental — What are we breathing in? What's in our water? What goes on our skin?
- Physical — Do we exercise? What are our sleep habits? Do we live recklessly?
- Emotional — Do we have excessive relationship or occupational stresses? I'm convinced this one has a bigger impact than most understand.
- Genetics — “You can't outrun genetics,” many will say, but I believe this gets blamed for more than it should, and we actually can sometimes “turn on” or “turn off” a genetic tendency depending on how we treat our bodies. No, not always, but your gene pool is certainly no reason to assume you're doomed.
- Lastly, there could be random accidents or whatever might be in God's plan — who knows?! (Our lives are in God's hands, but remember He also gave us free will and if we cut our lives short due to our bad habits, that's our fault, not His.)
However, good nutrition really can reverse many diseases…
Click here to read the rest of the post over at Keeper of the Home!
- Many say real food is too expensive — here are tips for eating healthy on a budget.
- Others say they don't have time to cook real food — here's my list for FAST meals at home, and here is my entire list of time saving tips.
- Do you hear these 8 excuses for not eating real food?
- Do you offend others as a real foodie?
- I'm really not a food snob… I am not!
- Life changes…5 ways they're all the same
- How do we find the TRUTH about health and nutrition issues?
- The Real Food Rookie Version of Dave Ramsey’s Money Principles
- Natural remedies and recoveries
- How has real food changed us?
- For when you get home from Grandma’s: Counteracting the effects of junk food
- Can a Perfect Diet Lead to Perfect Health? (One Mom's realization that homeopathy helped her family more for the long-term than changing their diets did.)