If you have chocolate lovers around your house, they’ll go crazy over this chocolate fondue recipe with dipper ideas too…
This chocolate fondue doesn’t have to make you feel quite as guilty about eating a sweet treat because it has a few more nutritious ingredients than your average dessert, like butter, coconut oil, and more natural sugars. (Yes, natural sugars are still sugar, though, so we don’t make this a lot. I say that all the time and keep posting dessert recipes, don’t I? I told you I have a sweet tooth.) I played around with the recipe and came up with this one by making a sort of cross between my homemade hot fudge recipe and the homemade coconut candy recipe.
Chocolate Fondue Recipe with Dipper Ideas
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil <-- get 10% off with the code KOP at that link. It's always good to get more of this into your diet. We also love using it for homemade popcorn.
- 3/4 cup butter -- You could omit this and use all coconut oil if you’d rather or if you need a dairy-free recipe, but I like using a little of both so the coconut taste isn’t quite as strong. My kids don't like the coconut oil taste at all, so they asked me to use only butter.
- 3/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 3/4 cup palm or coconut sugar
- Optional: add some real cream to make a larger amount and a more creamy dreamy sauce
- Stir over low-medium heat until the sugar dissolves and it begins to thicken a little. You can transfer to a fondue pot (like this one) if you like it warm, or just serve in a dipping bowl and it maintains a nice dipping consistency even as it cools.
Be creative with your dippers! Here are some of our favorites:
- Organic oranges are good, or even better, get some organic mandarin oranges in season if you can find them, they are SO good as dippers.
- Pineapple chunks
- Strawberries or raspberries
- Banana slices
- Apple wedges
- Pieces of cookies or brownies, or cookie dough
- Peanut butter balls (made ahead and very cold so they don't fall apart in the chocolate)
- Pieces of cheesecake or pound cake
- Marshmallows (like these from the store that have not too bad ingredients or try homemade marshmallows if you're feeling adventurous.)
- Do you have more good ideas for good fondue dippers?
More you might like:
- Find more dessert recipe ideas made with real food ingredients here.
- Or maybe you need some appetizer ideas for your next get-together?
- Did you catch this recent post? Exciting Drug-Free Help for Alzheimers (also for Diabetes, PCOS and other Chronic Diseases) Hint: it’s NOT about Eating More Vegetables