This easy low carb stuffed jalapeno appetizer poppers recipe with a nice “bite” came from Megan, as many of my best recipes do. She walked in one day with a whole plate of them and said, “try these”. Mmmmm, she knows that if she keeps bringing me her goodies, I’ll keep making her pans of blonde brownies with Heath pieces and white chocolate chips – it’s a little deal we have worked out. Next-door neighbors who love to cook as much as we love to eat…life is good.
STUFFED JALAPENO APPETIZER
- 8-10 large jalapenos – local & organic is best
- 2-8 oz. cream cheese – sometimes I’ll make my own raw milk cream cheese – it’s so easy. First you make raw milk yogurt, then just strain it through a cheesecloth. (I tie mine to a knob above my counter, and the whey drains into a bowl underneath.) After the whey drains out, what’s left in the cheesecloth is cream cheese! It was so exciting the first time I did it and it tasted just like store-bought! (How sad that I was excited about that fact, it shows how warped I am!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – I use organic
- 1/4 to 1/2 t. garlic powder (to your taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 t. sea salt (to your taste)
- 1 1/2-2# hickory smoked bacon – best from a local farmer who raises grass-fed animals
Split jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Mix cream cheese and cheddar together, add garlic and sea salt. Stuff the peppers very full, wrap with a piece of bacon (or add pieces to the mixture if you’d rather), and place in a baking dish. Bake at 450* about 30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
- Try this Jalepeno Poppers recipe instead, with a SECRET superfood ingredient!!
- Would you like to learn how to make more traditional foods? This cookbook is one that I pull out ALL the time – it taught me how to make yogurt, cream cheese, healthy oatmeal, crispy nuts and many other superfoods.
- Here are some healthy snack ideas
- School lunch alternatives
- Have you made a family favorite meals list yet?