After playing around with it, finally this homemade ranch dressing recipe tastes great, and it’s much more delicious than the organic powdered ranch dressing packet that I used to use before I knew better. It even tastes the same or better than “Hidden Valley Ranch”, which is all we used to eat around here. It’s a bonus when healthy real food can taste the way our twisted palates expect from our days of eating the disgusting junk food. (I also wanted my 5-minute homemade mayo to taste “as good as Hellmans”, and that tastes so much better too, thankfully, since the ingredients in that store-bought stuff are just gross!)
Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
Yield 1 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup this mayo OR my simple 5-minute homemade mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream, pastured sour cream is best for the most nutrients (or even better, use dairy kefir to get more healthy bacteria in there, note that this will make it a bit more thin though)
- 1 Tablespoon organic (if possible) fresh or dried parsley or oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons organic garlic powder and/or onion powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt, more to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or more to your taste
- A handful of chopped fresh cilantro is really good in here too!
Did you make a real food recipe?
- 10 Best Ways to Use a Pressure Cooker for Healthy FAST Meals!
- More healthy condiment substitutions
- Why make a Family Favorite Meal List?
- Here's a sourdough bread step-by-step recipe