Keto Appetizer: Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
This is easy and really yummy: a low-carb bacon jalapeno poppers recipe, plus it has a nice spicy “bite”. It came from Megan, as many of my best recipes do. She walked in one day with a whole plate of them and said, “try these”. Mmmmm, she knows that if she keeps bringing me her goodies, I'll keep making her pans of blonde brownies with white chocolate chips – it's a little deal we have worked out. Next-door neighbors who love to cook as much as we love to eat…life is good.
Keto Appetizer Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- 8-10 large jalapeños
- 2-8 ounce cream cheese packages – sometimes I'll make my own raw milk cream cheese – it's so easy. First you make raw milk yogurt then just strain it through a cheesecloth. (I tie mine to a knob above my counter, and the whey drains into a bowl underneath.) After the whey drains out, what's left in the cheesecloth is cream cheese! It was so exciting the first time I did it and it tasted just like store-bought! (How sad that I was excited about that fact, it shows how warped I am!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – I use organic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder to your taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to your taste
- 1 1/2-2 pounds bacon – best from a local farmer who raises pastured animals. If you don't have a good local source you can buy safe, healthy meat online here.
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds -- this is easy using a spoon.
- Stuff the peppers very full, wrap with a piece of bacon (or add pieces to the mixture if you'd rather, like I did in the picture above). Place them on a cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment paper), and bake at 450* about 30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
- Check out the pictures below...NOTE: Don't feel like frying bacon? Just wrap it around the popper and bake instead. Don't have any bacon? It's really good without too! I added a little melted bacon grease to the cheese mixture to give it more flavor.
More you might like:
- You can also try this Jalepeno Poppers recipe instead, with a SECRET superfood ingredient!!
- Would you like to learn how to make more traditional foods? This cookbook is one that I pull out ALL the time – it taught me how to make yogurt, cream cheese, healthy oatmeal, crispy nuts and many other superfoods.
- Here are some healthy snack ideas
- School lunch alternatives
- Have you made a family favorite meals list yet?
- More Mexican Recipes