Keto Appetizer: Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
This is easy and so delicious: a low-carb bacon jalapeno poppers recipe, plus it has a nice spicy “bite”. It came from Megan, as many of my best recipes do. She walked in one day with a whole plate of them and said, “try these”. Mmmmm, she knows that if she keeps bringing me her goodies, I'll keep making her pans of blonde brownies with white chocolate chips. It's a little deal we have worked out. Next-door neighbors who love to cook as much as we love to eat…life is good.
Keto Appetizer Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
This is a dreamy recipe if you're following a keto/low-carb lifestyle and are craving a cheesy snack. Try dipping it in my homemade ranch dressing to balance out the spicy flavor of the jalapeño! These go fast at parties, so you may want to double this recipe depending on how much other food will be there.
- 10 large jalapeño peppers, cleaned
- 2-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper , or more to your taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped – best from a local farmer who raises pastured animals. If you don't have a good local source: you can buy safe, healthy meat online here.
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds -- this is easy using a spoon.
- Mix cream cheese and seasonings. I use my Bosch, but a stick blender works well too. Stir in the cheese and bacon.
- Stuff the peppers very full with mixture. Place on a cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment sheets), and bake at 400* for 30 minutes.
- Check out the pictures below...NOTE: Don't feel like frying bacon? Just wrap it around the popper and bake that way instead. Don't have any bacon? It's really good without too! I added a little melted bacon grease (I always have some here in a jar) to the cheese mixture to give it more flavor.
If you have any extra filling leftover, it makes a really good celery or cracker dip, FYI!
More you might like:
- You can also try this Jalepeno Poppers recipe instead, with a SECRET superfood ingredient!!
- Would you like to learn how to make more traditional foods? This cookbook is one that I pull out ALL the time – it taught me how to make yogurt, cream cheese, healthy oatmeal, crispy nuts and many other superfoods.
- Here are some healthy snack ideas
- School lunch alternatives
- Have you made a family favorite meals list yet?
- More Mexican Recipes
Jill Roberts says
These cheesy bacon jalapeño poppers just look so incredibly delicious and I am so craving a slice right now! Can I post it on my blog?
Please don’t post the recipe there, instead just post a link to the full recipe over here, that’s the best blogging etiquette, thanks!
Bella Hardy says
I had a similar cheesy bacon jalapeño poppers at a restaurant recently and found myself craving it and wondering if I could recreate it today.
These were amazing! I cooked and crumbled up the bacon rather than wrapping them, then only baked for about 20 minutes. Awesome!
Thanks for your feedback Sue! Did you make them for a Super Bowl snack?
It looks like the bacon has been added to the filling in the photo above, rather than being used to wrap the pepper. That might work out better, anyway…
Yes, I do it both ways, I should adapt the recipe, thanks for the nudge!
Sorry, I’m not much of a cook, so this might be a stupid question…if I want to do pieces of bacon, like the photo, should I cook the bacon before hand? or do you cut up raw bacon and put the pieces in the cream cheese mixture?
You’d want to cook the bacon first – I’ll fix that in the post too, thanks for bringing it to my attention! (Not a stupid question at all!)
Lisa Wallen Logsdon says
I just wanted to say, I made these while camping in my RV with my husband and they are the best poppers I’ve ever eaten! I didn’t wrap the bacon but cut it small and laid the pieces all over the tops and of course I cut the recipe in half just for the two of us and we still have some left overs. Hubby thinks they will be excellent cold, we’ll see, LOL! Great recipe, a real keeper!
We made bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers for our Christmas Day progressive dinner with in laws. So yummy! Planning to try the one with liver.
My mouth is watering already! Thanks for this recipe.