Keto Appetizer: Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
This is easy and so delicious: a low-carb bacon jalapeno poppers recipe, plus it has a nice spicy “bite”. It came from Megan, as many of my best recipes do. She walked in one day with a whole plate of them and said, “try these”. Mmmmm, she knows that if she keeps bringing me her goodies, I'll keep making her pans of blonde brownies with white chocolate chips. It's a little deal we have worked out. Next-door neighbors who love to cook as much as we love to eat…life is good.
Keto Appetizer Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- 10 large jalapeño peppers, cleaned
- 2-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper , or more to your taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped – best from a local farmer who raises pastured animals. If you don't have a good local source: you can buy safe, healthy meat online here.
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds -- this is easy using a spoon.
- Stuff the peppers very full with mixture. Place on a cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment sheets), and bake at 400* for 30 minutes.
- Check out the pictures below...NOTE: Don't feel like frying bacon? Just wrap it around the popper and bake that way instead. Don't have any bacon? It's really good without too! I added a little melted bacon grease (I always have some here in a jar) to the cheese mixture to give it more flavor.
More you might like:
- You can also try this Jalepeno Poppers recipe instead, with a SECRET superfood ingredient!!
- Would you like to learn how to make more traditional foods? This cookbook is one that I pull out ALL the time – it taught me how to make yogurt, cream cheese, healthy oatmeal, crispy nuts and many other superfoods.
- Here are some healthy snack ideas
- School lunch alternatives
- Have you made a family favorite meals list yet?
- More Mexican Recipes