I can't believe how good these flourless blonde brownies were, and so easy and fast to make, too! Why flourless? There are a variety of reasons someone might want to eat gluten-free/grain-free: Maybe you're gluten intolerant, maybe you're doing the GAPS Diet, or maybe you just feel better not eating grains. These were a surprising hit — I don't often make up a recipe with such success, so I expected this to be another “Friday Food Flop” for sure, but the kids and adults were all going after them!
My friend, Meg's, favorite treat is blonde brownies, and when I told her I was making her some, she reminded me that she hasn't been eating flour lately, so I came up with these flourless blonde brownies by pulling a few different recipes together, mostly from my Mom's “Butterscotch Brownies”, as she called them. Here's a picture from her recipe box, which I was so happy to have after she passed…
Flourless Blonde Brownies
- 1 cup butter melted — pastured butter is best
- 3/4 – 1 cup palm or coconut sugar I used 1 c. this time, but I think 3/4 would be fine from now on, also I'll bet date sugar would work well for those on GAPS, but I haven't tried it.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Almond Meal/Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- White chocolate chips for the top optional — it's good without (Use organic if you can find them, read more about avoiding GMOs and trans fats in chocolate chips here.)
- Mix together everything but the chocolate chips (I mix it right in the saucepan that I melt the butter in so there are less dishes to clean up), pour into a buttered 8″ glass baking pan. Bake @ 325* for 35-40 minutes or until set. (You may even want to let it go longer so the bottom gets a little crispy.) Right after getting them out of the oven, sprinkle on the chips, if desired. By the way, these are delicious without the white chocolate chips sprinkled on top, and I normally wouldn't add those because of all the extra sugar, but it was Megan's special request, and made for a prettier picture, too.
- More dessert recipes that are a little less unhealthy than some… Many are also grain-free!
- Or if you want another Paleo brownie recipe that has some chocolate, try these Paleo Blonde Brownies!!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.