What are the Safest Pans for Baking?
When I first had my “food conversion“, I went nuts in my kitchen, and one of the things I did was throw out all my Teflon or aluminum baking pans and replaced them with stainless steel or glass baking pans, because those truly are the safest pans for baking!
I love the 9″ stainless steel bread pans – if you get a good rise from the Bosch bread recipe, these pans make the perfect size for sandwiches and toast. I just ordered more, so I have enough for all 6 loaves with my Bosch. I’ve had mine for over 4 years. They clean up well and literally show no signs of wear. I also love my stainless steel cookie sheets, pizza pans, roasting pans, and cake pans.
More posts you might like:
- Does fat make you fat? Part 1: Saturated fat, cholesterol and heart disease issues (and one little tid-bit about the role of fats related to sexuality)
- Does fat make you fat? Part 2: Specific principles related to fats & dieting
- Someday I plan to do a post on cookware, but for now, just start checking garage sales for cast iron, so you can weed out your Teflon pans. UPDATE – just found this great post from Mark’s Daily Apple on healthy cookware.
- More favorite kitchen stuff
- Best Ways to Use a Pressure Cooker for Healthy FAST Meals!
- BEST Beef Liver Recipe: I Ate Liver and Loved it, Oh Yes I Did, and so Did Our Teenager — Find out HOW!