Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
My sister, Terri, sent me this super simple delicious recipe for Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup, and if you check out the comments below, you’ll see how much everyone loves it.
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- 2 Tablespoons butter, pastured butter is best (read more about healthy fats and how they do NOT cause weight gain)
- 3 cups chicken broth (Here’s how to make it)
- 8oz. cream cheese (I use organic)
- 1 cup heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized! Read why that’s baaaad))
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped
Heat broth and broccoli until broccoli is tender. Mix cream cheese, heavy cream, shredded cheese and butter in another pan and stir often. When broccoli is tender, put half in a blender and puree (this makes it a little thicker). When the other pan is melted, add to broth and broccoli. Garnish with more cheese.
This is a 15-minute dinner and super simple, too!
- Still want to eat bread now and then? If so, did you know that THIS is the best bread you can eat? Get step-by-step instructions here: Homemade Sourdough bread.
- Click here for more low-carb recipe ideas – my favorites these days are the Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Kale Chips, and this pesto chicken or just cheesy chicken is SO easy, SO good and low-carb!
- Need some new and/or unique low-carb or paleo recipes? This cookbook has tons of fresh ideas: On an Upward Spiral. 40 “Zoodle” Recipes to Tempt and Tantalize & 40 Mouthwatering Spiralized Pasta Recipes. It was written by the guy who created these helpful gadgets (notice all the great reviews on both):
If you’re a low-carber or a no-grainer, you’ll love the spiral slicer and the cookbook together for some great recipes to help get you out of a rut.
- This new one isn’t so low-carb (it’s not real high in carbs though), but it sure is delicious: Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe: Simple Cream of Broccoli Soup with Parmesan
- One more yummy broccoli recipe: Organic Broccoli Salad – it’s full of great flavor!