In my opinion, this is the best broccoli salad recipe with grapes, or with anything at all that you want to throw in here!
I'll give you a bunch of tasty ideas that are all SO good and you can choose from whatever you have on-hand, or whatever sounds good to you. Don't let this freak you out though, truly any combo will be delicious, it's impossible to screw up this recipe.
But if you just want a simple recipe to follow without having to think or decide about ingredients, here you go, the variatons and options are included too…
Best Broccoli Salad Recipe with Grapes or other yummy options
- 3 bunches fresh broccoli cleaned and chopped, removing most of the stems—note that if you eat broccoli a lot, it should be steamed at least a little, otherwise it will block absorption of certain nutrients. I like it crunchy for this salad though, so I don't steam it for this recipe… (You might also add some cauliflower!)
- 1 big bunch of organic green or purple seedless grapes halved OR 2/3 cup dried fruit --Options instead of or in addition to the grapes: raisins, even better: golden raisins, dried cherries, or dried cranberries, oranges or apples cut into bite-sized pieces are good too! Be sure to toss the apples in some lemon juice first so they won't get brown. Mix and match any of these for more flavor.
- 1 small white onion chopped small or a bunch of green onions, chopped small
- 3/4 cup celery chopped small
- 2 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup mayo <– click that link for my recipe
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar or palm sugar — NOTE that if you're doing a Whole30 diet or some other diet that restricts sugar, make the mayo above, but in place of the lemon or ACV and sugar that it calls for, use a tasty balsamic vinegar instead. You can use a little extra and totally skip the sugar this recipe calls for!
- 2 Tablespoons fermented soy sauce or coconut aminos for a soy-free option
- Optional: Crispy almonds or pecans or I also love pistachios I usually buy them already shelled, or roasted sunflower seeds
- Optional: 1 pound bacon crisp-fried, crumbled — from your local pasture-based farmer if possible. Or if you don't have a good source, click here for an online source for safe healthy meat.
- Chop and prepare the ingredients. Mix vinegar, mayo, sugar and soy sauce or coconut aminos. Pour over the broccoli, celery, onion and grapes and toss well. If you're not serving until later, only mix in half of the dressing now, and half before serving. Chill in the fridge.
- Before serving, add the nuts and bacon and toss it all together, or add those on top as you are serving.
Let me know what you think!
More you might like: