My sister, Terri, sent me this super simple delicious recipe for Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup, and if you check out the comments below, you'll see how much everyone loves it. 🙂
Recently I adapted it a bit to make it a “creamy spinach Parmesan” soup and that was a hit, too. I'll include those instructions below.
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons butter, pastured butter is best (read more about healthy fats and how they do NOT cause weight gain)
- 3 cups chicken broth (Here's how to make bone broth for rookies, or if you just don't think you will make it or want some on hand for when you're really crunched for time, try this bone broth — it's 100% grass-fed with a bunch of gelatin, organic ingredients, and it's shelf stable! I love keeping their beef and chicken broth on-hand for quick recipes because they make it just like I do here, and without the nasty msg-like ingredients, additives, or preservatives that store-bought has.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I use this kind)
- 1 cup heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized! Read why that's baaaad))
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Parmesan if desired)
- 2 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped (or pureed spinach to switch it up)
Heat broth and broccoli until broccoli is tender. Mix cream cheese, heavy cream, shredded cheese and butter in another pan and stir often. When broccoli is tender, put half in a blender and puree (this makes it a little thicker). When the other pan is melted, add to broth and broccoli (in the other pot). Garnish with more cheese. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
This is a 15-minute dinner and super simple, too!
- Still want to eat bread now and then? If so, did you know that THIS is the best bread you can eat? Get step-by-step instructions here: Homemade Sourdough bread.
- Click here for more low-carb recipe ideas – my favorites these days are the Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Kale Chips, and this pesto chicken or just cheesy chicken is SO easy, SO good and low-carb!
- Need some new and/or unique low-carb or paleo recipes? This cookbook has tons of fresh ideas: On an Upward Spiral. 40 “Zoodle” Recipes to Tempt and Tantalize & 40 Mouthwatering Spiralized Pasta Recipes. It was written by the guy who created these helpful gadgets (notice all the great reviews on both):
If you're a low-carber or a no-grainer, you'll love the spiral slicer and the cookbook together for some great recipes to help get you out of a rut.
I love that the author is not afraid to use healthy saturated fats in his recipes like butter (pastured butter is best), coconut oil, olive oil, etc. Read more about healthy fats here.
- This new one isn't so low-carb (it's not real high in carbs though), but it sure is delicious: Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe: Simple Cream of Broccoli Soup with Parmesan
- One more yummy broccoli recipe: Organic Broccoli Salad – this is full of great flavor!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.