The last thing we want is one more thing to worry about when feeding our kids. Parenting is tricky enough, without more warnings being thrown at us all the time. But if you have a child with behavior or attention issues, you may want to take a look at the following links.
First, have you read my other post on food dyes? Dangers of Artificial Coloring in Foods / Healthy Popsicle Alternatives
Here is an excerpt from an article in the LA Times on Food Dyes:
Almost every parent has a story about their kid bouncing off the walls after downing a package of jelly beans or eating a neon blue-frosted cupcake at school. Most blame the sugar. But some new research suggests that the rainbow of artificial colors may have a bigger effect on children's behavior. And in other parts of the world, some organizations are starting to take action on these ingredients. (Read the whole LA Times article.)
For me, figuring out what to believe is a common sense issue again. Whenever we can avoid unnatural artificial colors, we will, and this is yet another reason that buying organic whenever possible is a good idea.
What about you? Have any of you seen adverse reactions in your kids after eating foods with food coloring?
- Did your doctor recommend low-fat milk for your children after age 2? PLEASE READ THIS POST ABOUT HEALTHY MILK FIRST!!!
- Know someone who is pregnant? Make sure they know the many benefits to a growing baby of the mother taking cod liver oil!!! Read about the many benefits and why everyone should be taking it (or the capsules), especially see the links at the bottom of the post with specific info for pregnant and nursing moms. Be aware: docs will probably advise against taking CLO because of the vitamin A, but they may not know about the WORLD of difference between synthetic vitamin A and NATURAL vitamin A when taken with the proper ratios of vitamin D! Read more about possible cod liver oil toxicity to put your mind at ease.
- Recently someone asked me if you could eat fast food every day as long as you work out a lot to burn off the calories. Answer: NO!!! Read about fast food dangers to find out why. Now read about some nutritious and easy fast food alternatives to help you avoid the temptation to hit the drive-thru.
- Need a good Christmas gift for your spouse? Read this post from a while back about exercise and why I love my Bowflex.
- Read about sugars and the best choices