This zucchini frittata recipe is perfect for summertime when you have a lot of zucchini to use, and also a good way to get more eggs and veggies into your diet, too, PLUS it's easy and fast. Note, this may not be the most appetizing picture, but with the crispy edges and flavorful taste, trust me, they’re goooood. Kent said, “They’ve got such a fresh summertime taste.” They're low-carb, too!
Zucchini Frittata Recipe
- 1 large zucchini, grated & drained (we are really enjoying these from our garden!)
- 1 cup organic corn (frozen or cut off the cob)
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 3 eggs, pastured eggs are best
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon flour, my favorite these days is einkorn flour (You can get einkorn flour here, or read more here: Could this be the answer to the gluten sensitivity epidemic?)
- Optional: organic red or green peppers, chopped small
- Pastured ghee or butter for pan
Mix all ingredients well. Drop by tablespoon onto a generously buttered, hot pan. Here's my favorite pan that I use, we use it almost daily! Flatten a bit so the middle gets done. Cook until firm and browned on both sides.
Did you make a real food recipe?
We all love these and they’re great as a main dish OR a side dish.
- Eggs are a SUPERFOOD!
- Healthy Dessert?!! Try this Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sonia – Soft, Delicious, and Even a Little Healthy!
- Ways to eat more EGGS!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.