Sonia came over recently and asked me to try these Zucchini chocolate chip cookies she made. They were soft and sooooo tasty – I could've eaten no more than 15 at once.
Don't we wish! I can't go that far and say these are “healthy”, they have sugar in them after all, and that stuff is bad news. (Read more about that in the comments section at the My Dark Secrets post.) But a little now and then, if the rest of your diet is pretty healthy and if you don't have diabetes (or pre-diabetes), should be OK. (However, read a much more knowledgeable bit of info about this topic of healthy treats in the comments below from Anna!)
Having said that, still, these are healthier than most treats you could have. Just that they're homemade is a huge jump from store-bought. And the zucchini…that's obviously healthier. Then you make them with butter and eggs and part whole grain flour, and this recipe even calls for honey for most of the sweetener – yes, much better than a lot of goodies you and your kids could be eating!! (Most cookies in the store have trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, refined/highly processed white flour, preservatives, artificial colors, etc.)
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
For Step One (see instructions):
For Step Two (see instructions):
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini local and organic is best
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Let me know what you think!
- In the mood for more chocolate? Try this organic hot fudge sauce recipe
- Maybe I should tell you about my dark secrets…
- If trying to figure out how to feed your family healthier meals stresses you out, just start slowly with these Rookie Tips