Well it was up in the air for a while there. When Kent lost his job I didn't know if I should still go to the Weston A. Price Foundation/Wise Traditions Conference this year, but now that things are looking up, I'm so excited to be heading out to Anaheim, California next week! It's not too late to join all your real foodie friends and meet us there — it's like a big party weekend where you get to learn a lot, eat amazing food, and hang out with others who GET IT.
There are many new names that I haven't heard before, but also some favorites who I can't wait to hear from again:
- Mark Baker (Read his back-story here: Scumbags in the State of Michigan.)
- My friend, Hannah, from Kombucha Kamp
- Another good friend, Chris Kerston from Savory Institute, who is a great speaker!
- Another friend, Hilary Boynton, author of The Heal Your Gut Cookbook
- Leslie Manookian (See my post with Leslie here: Healthcare workers-How to avoid the flu shot and not get fired.)
- Mandy Lee, who wrote a great guest post for me: Healing Kids with Real Food: Our Story of Fostering Children, Cancer, and Adoption
- I always learn something new from Natasha Campbell-McBride, author of the GAPS Diet book. (Read more about healing on the GAPS Diet here: GAPS Diet for Rookies.)
- Tom Cowan, MD, co-author of The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care
- And many more favorites like Chris Masterjohn, Mark McAfee, Sally Fallon Morell, Denise Minger, John Moody, Kim Schuette, Stephanie Seneff, Kim Thompson, Will Winter, Louisa Williams, and WOW, how am I going to fit all of them in?!!
- Here's one speaker I've heard a lot about but have never been to one of his talks, Allan Savory:
If you go, don't miss the Thursday night fundraiser for the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund!
This is always a fun party, so I'm thankful my flight will get in just in time. 🙂 Click here to learn more and get tickets: New Moon Feast FundRAISER Reception – Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
If you can stay for Monday, you'll get to attend the International Raw Milk Symposium.
It's on the final day of the WAPF conference. ***You can also watch the live stream at this link or see the video later.
Can't make it? I'll keep you in the loop — please show your appreciation to my conference sponsors and take advantage of these deals…
A big thank you to my conference sponsors this year, here's a little about them — and they are both offering a 20% off coupon!
- I've told you before about a great company, Vital Proteins, in these posts: The one superfood you can slip into your diet unnoticed and Yes, it's a superfood, but what if you just really hate liver? Until 11/15 you can get 20% off their products + FREE Shipping on all U.S. orders by clicking here and using the code KOP20. (Note that Vital Proteins is also a WAPF conference sponsor!)
- You've also heard me rave about Well Future before in this post: What you MUST do before mandatory vaccinations. They make probiotics just for kids called Well Belly, which doesn't have D lactic acid (hard to digest for many infants and kids) and also a product called Vaccishield – it's a blend of non-dairy probiotics, vitamins, minerals and an amino acid designed to boost health in the two weeks surrounding vaccinations. Until 11/15 you'll also get 20% off their products by clicking here and using the code KOP20.
You'll be hearing more about both of these companies that I love in the next few weeks. 🙂
Also if you can't make it, be sure and follow along on social media!
- I'll be doing a few live Periscope videos, so follow me @KitchenKop to catch those.
- I'm also @KitchenKop on Twitter and the WAPF has asked that we use the hashtag: #wapfcon — so follow there as that's usually how I send out live highlights from the talks I'm sitting in.
- I'll be adding stuff here and there to my Facebook page, so I hope you already follow me there, too!