If you're wondering, “What IS a salad spinner” or “Which one is the best salad spinner”, I'm here to help, because I loooooooove my kitchen gadgets, and once I find THE favorite, you end up hearing me talk about it a lot. (Another example is my favorite pan, we take this with us everywhere: including on vacation — read about our real foodie vacation circus here — or it comes along if we're cooking at someone else's house; it's just so big and nice and easy to clean up. If you don't get one for Christmas, get yourself one!)
What IS a Salad Spinner?
In case you don't know (I didn't used to know what it was because my Mom never used one!), a salad spinner is just a special bowl that helps you dry your lettuce greens (or cabbage leaves or whatever) after you've washed them. If you get the one I have, you've also got a cute serving bowl…
The Best Salad Spinner:
Click here for the salad spinner I have, and here's why I love it…
- As mentioned, it comes with a nice-sized fun-colored serving bowl if you're taking a salad to a picnic or whatever.
- It's collapsible to save on storage space!
- It cleans up nicely — often if I only dried lettuce leaves, I'll just rinse it out good and put it back into the cupboard.
- The best part is that it actually works, my last one was a piece of junk and fell apart after a couple of months — I've had this one for a long time now. That's saying a lot since I always have kids fighting over who gets to pull the string!
Get one here. 🙂
Related (or not):
- Frugal Meal Ideas
- Here's what Kent got me for Christmas! Two top rated pressure cookers – and find out if we should even be using them?
- More Favorite Kitchen Gadgets and Even More Here
- Know anyone who needs this: Information on overcoming infertility alog with my own story
- Strawberry Gouda Salad with Orange Poppyseed Dressing (This is not exactly a salad for this time of year, but it's a favorite around here, and I also mentioned the salad spinner in that post.)
- Click here for many more yummy salad recipe ideas!
- Or maybe you feel like a treat: Strawberry Lemon Cream Crepes with Grain-free Options