Strawberry Lemon Cream Crepes
These strawberry lemon cream crepes are full of light summery flavors you'll love, even if summer is still a few months off, and especially if winter where you are has been as long and hard as ours has been here in Michigan.
If you have one of my favorite pans it'll make frying the crepes go much faster because you can get a lot more going at once. Click here to check out my favorite pan.
I pulled a few different recipes together to come up with this one, let me know if you like it. Don't forget to look over the extra pictures below the recipe. 🙂
Strawberry Lemon Cream Crepes Recipe
Here are a few grain-free crepe options:
Cream cheese filling ingredients:
- 1 cup cream “whipping cream” or cream off the top of your raw milk (Read more about fresh, raw milk here.)
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened -- pastured cream cheese is best
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1 Lemon--add zest to this cream cheese filling, then use the juice in the sauce-see next
- In a food processor, puree the strawberry sauce ingredients until smooth. Spoon into a bowl and set aside, or put into the fridge if you're not serving until later. If you're using still-frozen berries, put all of the ingredients into a saucepan. As it heats up, use a masher to smash up the berries -- sometimes I'll just leave it chunky when I don't have fresh berries for the top.
- In another mixing bowl (or rinse out and dry the Bosch bowl) OR in a blender, mix together all of the crepe ingredients except the flour, and once that's blended well, then add the flour and blend that in. It will be a thin batter.
- Pour the batter onto a buttered frying pan — again, using my favorite pan makes it go faster, and I kept the temperature at about 300*. I probably should've used a bit higher temp so they'd get a little more golden on the outsides, but I tend to forget things and burn food a lot (I'm right on the ball like that), so I kept it lower for once to prevent that from happening. (I'd like to think that someday I'll learn.) You'll be able to tell when they change color a little and are done on both sides. If you won't walk away like I always do, let it get a nice golden brown on each side. Cool on a plate between pieces of parchment paper.
- When you're ready to serve, assemble like this: Fill each crepe with 2-3 Tablespoons of cream cheese filling and roll up, using a bit of the filling to keep the top piece of crepe sticking down onto the bottom piece. Spoon strawberry sauce over the top, and garnish with extra fresh berries.
Let me know what you think! 🙂
Also check out Kasey's video making sweet and savory crepes on the hoverboard. 🙂
Here are a few more pictures of our Strawberry Lemon Cream Crepes…