This easy and tasty baked potato bar is the perfect way to please everyone as a delicious side to any main dish you're serving.
It's a great way to deal with picky kids or to wow your guests along with other baked potato bar options (see more below), because each person can pick just what they like on top of their potatoes. The garlic aioli is so loaded with flavor it tastes like high-end restaurant fare, and although it's nice enough to serve to guests, we make it anytime for things like…
- Dipping homemade onion rings
- Dipping homemade french fries
- Dipping homemade potato chips
- Homemade sub sandwiches
- Or anything you normally use mayo for!
Garlic Aioli Recipe
- 1 batch of this homemade mayo recipe
- 2-3 large cloves garlic peeled
- Optional: your favorite balsamic vinegar
- Make homemade mayo, but as it's blending drop in the garlic cloves to get the flavor throughout and make sure it's blended in well. That's it!
- A yummy variation (and the reason my mayo in the baked potato bar picture above is a darker color): Instead of the lemon juice called for in the mayo recipe, use a splash of your favorite balsamic vinegar for a sweet tang to go with the tasty garlic flavor.
More baked potato bar options besides those you see in the photo above:
Note: Have you tried making baked potatoes in your pressure cooker? See #12 here for how to do it: 10 Best Ways to Use Your Pressure Cooker!
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Taco meat
- Ham chopped small
- Steamed broccoli
- Caramelized onions (just fry in butter until golden, soft, and dreamy)
- Sautéed mushrooms (saute in butter until hot)
- Bacon pieces
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped chives or green onions
- Extra butter of course with optional herbs like in the picture
Note that you could also have a mashed potato bar, just have a crock of mashed potatoes ready to go with any toppings you like.
- Homemade mayo 3 ways — original, citrus herb, and spicy!
- What’s REALLY Behind GMOs? p.s. Don’t Blame the Farmers (Atheists Please Read) — This is worth your time and is a very good read, one that will help you understand what’s really behind GMOs…
- Have you seen our New Kitchen? This is our remodel video from start-to-finish
- Paleo Sangria Daiquiri (and a Virgin Version) with a SECRET Nutrient-Boost Ingredient!