As you know, there are a lot of new cauliflower recipes these days, especially since the whole Paleo diet became a thing. Recipes like cauliflower mashed “potatoes” or cauliflower “rice”, but this seasoned and grilled cauliflower steak recipe is one of the easiest and yummiest healthy side dishes you'll ever make. Kent's brother and sister-in-law introduced us to these at their cottage when we visited, and it was a nice quick side to throw with burgers on a busy summer weekend when you're having too much fun out on the boat to cook. If you get the seasonings down, even the kids will love this tasty vegetable.
And get this: Cauliflower is on the Clean 15 list, so there's no need to buy it organic!
Seasoned and Grilled Cauliflower Steak Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Sea salt and pepper
- Grass-fed ghee melted, about 2/3 to 1/2 cup or so — find my favorite kind of ghee at that link, some I've tried don't taste great, a little sour or something, but I love this one, it tastes just like my beloved butter! (Ghee is just butter without the milk solids, and is a better fat for cooking at higher heats — read more here about safe cooking and smoke points.)
- Other seasonings of choice: parsley garlic powder, or onion powder
- Wash and dry, then slice cauliflower into “steak” sized pieces, about 3/4″ thick. Brush ghee on liberally, then sprinkle spices on top to your taste.
- Any smaller pieces that would fall through the grates can be placed on a piece of aluminum foil and put on the grill that way.
- Grill on medium heat until the cauliflower is tender, but not so soft that it'll fall apart. Add more seasonings if needed and serve hot.
- p.s. You can just roast these in the oven if it's not grilling season. See how in this recipe: Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower. And here is another recipe for roasted Brussels sproutsthat we love too.
More you might like:
- Slip these 5 Top Superfoods into Family Favorite Recipes & Turn Any Meal into a Nutrition Explosion!