Healthy Breakfast Burritos to the rescue!
Need a new fast healthy morning mealtime suggestion to break out of a rut? Take a look at this easy idea from my sister, Gail – healthy breakfast burritos full of protein, veggies, and good fats – what a great start to give your kids in the morning! (Find more here: 10 Healthy Breakfast Ideas. While you're at it, here are some Healthy Lunch Ideas and Healthy Snack Ideas.)
Healthy Breakfast Burritos
- Soft tortilla shells -- make sure they don't have trans fats or a ton of preservatives OR make your own!
- Scrambled Egg -- eggs are so good for you
- Veggies of choice local and organic are best -- try different colored peppers, onions fried 'til golden, also avocado or guacamole is delicious in these.
- Optional: Ham sausage, steak, or bacon -- here's where to find safe, healthy meat
- Cheese raw or all-natural cheese is best, no velveeta or processed “American” cheese slices!)
- Stir fry meat and veggies in butter to heat them up (not the avocado yet), scramble in the egg, top with cheese until melted then put in a warm tortilla shell along with the avocado/guacamole if desired. Serve with salsa. (Also, you could fry your tortilla in butter to give it a nice crispy shell before melting the cheese on it and adding the other ingredients.)
Like those easy healthy breakfast burritos? Here's more you might like:
- Homemade tortilla recipe — so easy and no scary ingredients!
- These healthy breakfast burritos are only one way to use tortillas for quick and easy snacks or meals — this list has many more healthy ways to fill up your family using tortillas — like fast homemade pizzas, easy roll ups (pictured below, also good to serve as a yummy appetizer), and lots more ideas are there too…
- Olga Copycat Recipe! — If you love Olgas like we do, but know not to go there much because their ingredients aren't so hot, check out this copycat recipe I pulled off — it's so delicious and tastes just like our favorite: the 3-Cheese Olga!
- Olga Snackers Recipe — Another favorite we loved from Olgas, but these don't have the nasty MSG (an ingredient that's in almost everything and it's a nerve toxin). Try these and let me know what you think!
Need some meal planning help?
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.