Healthy Breakfast Burritos to the rescue!
Need a new fast healthy morning mealtime suggestion to break out of a rut? Take a look at this easy idea from my sister, Gail – healthy breakfast burritos full of protein, veggies, and good fats – what a great start to give your kids in the morning! (Find more here: 10 Healthy Breakfast Ideas. While you're at it, here are some Healthy Lunch Ideas and Healthy Snack Ideas.)
Healthy Breakfast Burritos
These healthy breakfast burritos are a simple, nutritious, family favorite!
- Soft tortilla shells -- make sure they don't have trans fats or a ton of preservatives, OR make your own!
- Scrambled Egg -- eggs are so good for you
- Veggies of choice, local and organic are best -- try different colored peppers, onions fried 'til golden, also avocado or guacamole is delicious in these.
- Optional: Ham, sausage, steak, or bacon -- here's where to find safe, healthy meat
- Cheese, raw or all-natural cheese is best, no velveeta or processed “American” cheese slices!)
Stir fry meat and veggies in butter to heat them up (not the avocado yet), scramble in the egg, top with cheese until melted then put in a warm tortilla shell along with the avocado/guacamole if desired. Serve with salsa. (Also, you could fry your tortilla in butter to give it a nice crispy shell before melting the cheese on it and adding the other ingredients.)
Did you make a real food recipe?
Like those easy healthy breakfast burritos? Here's more you might like:
- Homemade tortilla recipe — so easy and no scary ingredients!
- These healthy breakfast burritos are only one way to use tortillas for quick and easy snacks or meals — this list has many more healthy ways to fill up your family using tortillas — like fast homemade pizzas, easy roll ups (pictured below, also good to serve as a yummy appetizer), and lots more ideas are there too…
- Olga Copycat Recipe! — If you love Olgas like we do, but know not to go there much because their ingredients aren't so hot, check out this copycat recipe I pulled off — it's so delicious and tastes just like our favorite: the 3-Cheese Olga!
- Olga Snackers Recipe — Another favorite we loved from Olgas, but these don't have the nasty MSG (an ingredient that's in almost everything and it's a nerve toxin). Try these and let me know what you think!
Need some meal planning help?
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.