You won’t believe how easy this crock pot barbecued beef recipe is…
- In the morning, put a rock solid frozen package of grass-fed round steak into your slow cooker on high. (Preferably round steak with a bone for the minerals in the broth it will make.)
- Add a little filtered water in the bottom. (Half cup or so.)
- At this point I start a batch of my homemade buns in my beloved Bosch.
- Optional step: half-way through the day, pull the meat out and clean it up a bit. Cut off any parts you don’t want on your sandwich, then put it back into the crock-pot.
- Another optional step (I’ve done it with and without this step, it’s good either way): add onions or garlic for more nutrition and flavor.
- When the meat is falling apart (with my crock-pot on high this is about 8 hours later), pull it out with a slatted spoon (let drain well so your bun doesn’t get soggy), and put it on your homemade bun with your favorite barbecue sauce. (We used to be Sweet Baby Ray fans, but now love “Bone Suckin’ Sauce” because it has no high fructose corn syrup. More info on where to find it at the bottom of this Guinness beer recipes post. There you’ll also find a similar recipe with…you guessed it, Guinness beer.) If you’re wondering why I don’t just put the barbecue sauce right in the crock-pot, this is why: you can use your leftover beef the next day to make something else, like soup (be sure to save your bone and toss it in your soup pot the next day for good stock), beef tacos, or whatever. Update: make your own homemade barbecue sauce, it's so easy!
- That’s it! What a great recipe for busy lives…that’s all of us! 🙂
Make sure to check out:
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.