Hey guys, I have so much to share with you in today's Morning Mix-up! (Remodel pics are at the bottom.)
Darn, it's no longer morning, oh well! Just scroll through the bolded info to see what grabs you — and don't miss LOTS of pictures below…
- A brave nurse and Grandma GAVE it to the CDC the other day about flu shots, this is SO worth watching for 5 minutes — and share it pleeeease! (Even if you don't have Facebook, you can still click over to watch.)
- A friend went to the doc for an infection today (looked mild to me?) and was put on 3 different antibiotics (???), I suggested she for SURE take this probiotic to help to protect her gut from the onslaught — that one IS safe to take while on an antibiotic.
- Did you guys see my post last week where I asked for your thoughts on whether or not marijuana should be legalized? (We have to vote on that here in Michigan soon…) Please comment there with your thoughts if you haven't yet.
- TOO FUNNY!!!! Modern Family costumes:
- Do you love smoothies too, as a way to load up on nutrients? Here's How to Ruin Your Morning Smoothie in 3 Easy Steps:
p.s. I've been adding this MCT oil to our smoothies — check out all of the benefits listed here. (Things like more energy, weight loss/metabolism/blood sugar, reduce brain fog–>hello menopause!, improve mood, help the gut and digestion, reduce inflammation, antimicrobial/anti-fungal… that's a lot and it's not even close to all of them.) I love this kind because it's made by a company I know and totally trust. (Use the code KOP for a discount at that link.)
- Speaking of smoothies… I have a story about that. I wanted to give you a peek inside my email inbox because you guys, it’s SO fun in there sometimes! You may know that only for those who get my blog newsletter/updates (click here to sign up), I offer free email advice for health or food questions. Often people will ask me something and when I have an answer that I know is a slam dunk and that it’ll REALLY help them (maybe remedies that aren’t that well-known but are SO effective), it’s my most favorite part of my work — and actually doesn’t feel like work at all, which is why I do this “mini-consulting” for free!!
The other day, a reader explained that her Dad just had surgery and that he wasn’t recovering as well as they hoped and was losing weight. So the doc had him on some processed protein shakes from the store. (ICK) She asked if I had a better idea. Ummm YES! So I suggested my superfood smoothies and also suggested he sip on bone broth (see how easily you can make it here or here’s a link for where to buy some really good broth). Done and super easy! I feel so blessed when I can help people like this.
***Please would you help me too by telling your friends and family about my blog and my youtube channel? I'm SO close to 1000 subscribers there, HELP! It has taken a ridiculous and embarrassingly long time to build that up…… Especially when you see all these teens putting such stupid stuff on their channel and they have a gazillion subscribers, WTH?? If you could share your favorite video from my channel with your friends, I'd be so thankful! (Maybe this 5-minute homemade mayo recipe or 12-minute homemade rolls or Kasey's advice for getting your kids to eat real food or the time I bought a giant bowl, and I mean GIANT.)
- Do you have this on your kids' devices yet I hope??? Covenant Eyes is what I use to help protect our kids online — I get reports on how long they used their device and what they looked at too!
- In case anyone is wondering why I mention Kasey here on the blog more than the other 3 kids, it's because one has forbidden me to mention him, and the other two are just less into me talking about them, and then there's Kasey, who loves being “out there”! The other day during the online homeopathy class I did with Paola, I found out later that he was in the background doing the floss for everyone, lol. 🙂
- Okay guys, time for a bunch of pictures. Living room remodeling pics (and Halloween/fall photos) are below, but first, I wanted to tell you a funny story.
Kasey & I have been helping to come up with games for church youth group lately, so the other day we played “spill your guts or fill your guts”. I don’t know about the kids, but I thought it was hilarious!
We’d ask Father Stephen and Luke, one of our youth coordinators, some uncomfortable questions that they likely wouldn’t want to answer and offered food they could eat instead.
Here were some of the questions:
- What’s the worst thing you did as a teen?
- Rate these people in order that you like them (3 co-workers)?
- What’s the longest time you’ve ever played video games without stopping?
- (For Luke) Who do you like most, Fr. Stephen or Fr. Tony?
Here’s what we had for the lovely food options:
- Chicken feet, complete with appetizing fingernails:
- Liver-spam-milk smoothie (don't worry, I didn't waste my wonderful fresh raw milk on this, I bought some of the regular gross stuff from the store):
- Clam juice
- Salmon ice cream
- Pickled pigs feet juice
- Baby food peas/asparagus
- Sardine Jello
- Very hot sauce
Surprisingly a bunch of the kids WANTED to try the foods afterward, including the liver/spam smoothie, the sardine jello, and some were even biting down on those chicken feet!!!!!!! I was SHOCKED and couldn’t quit laughing. One kid said he was going to try the chicken feet and put the whole thing in his mouth and I was like, “NOOOO, not the fingernail! Bite the side!!!!!”
I of course used the leftover chicken feet to make a whole bunch of delicious and nutrient-rich bone broth to have on hand for recipes like soup, or chicken alfredo.
- Here are some fall/Halloween decor/living room remodeling pics in case you're interested:
The living room began with our old couches that were ripping apart, so I found a great deal on new gray couches with our income tax money last spring. (And I'm just finishing now in the fall!) Then I found this rug that I LOVED — it had the blue of my wall in there, plus gray that matched our new couches, plus all sorts of color pops:Next I needed to find material for new curtains, pillows, etc., and it took a lot of shopping (my poor sisters were so sick of me asking for their advice!), but I found some with all of the colors in there!!! Here's a close-up:
Once I finally found all the stuff I wanted then Kent got this “gallery wall” up:
Here are a few close-ups so you can see better:
This framed photo is from when our son visited Notre Dame:
You can see the curtains a little more here:
I wanted to bring all the colors into the kitchen and other places too, I found this pitcher I also fell in love with!!!
I painted these decorative balls I found at Hobby Lobby:
I'm not totally sure about these plates yet. They have all the colors, and I love the yellow ones for sure, just not sure about the green, red, and blue/white…
Moving into more fall decor shots… (And you can see how we had our rocker cover replaced with red cushions.)
Useful for snacks when entertaining:
Spider lights on the porch:
And now just some pretty fall shots — Michigan is a great place to live, especially this time of year!
This is down the hill from where we live by the dam in our little town:
Here's Kasey being a goof when we visited the apple orchard recently:
Kasey made a spider cake for a Halloween party he went to last weekend:
That's all, is anyone still even here??? If so, let me know in the comments, and tell me if you like posts like this? So that way I'll know if I just spent hours on this post for nothing?!
Have a great Halloween everyone!!!
More of our remodeling projects you might want to check out: