Here are some kitchen gadgets for Dads who love to cook PLUS Kent's favorites…
Happy Father's Day to any Dad's out there! Does your Dad or Hubs love to cook? (By the way, if you are like us, and both your Dads have passed on, it's kind of sad isn't it?)
Just in case you still need some ideas for your Dad or husband, what to cook him or what to buy him, I thought I'd share with you what Kent's 5 favorite meals are, and because he loves to cook, I'll also share what his 5 favorite kitchen gadgets are, too…
5 Favorite Kitchen Gadgets for Dads (You're not too late to shop for Dad if you have Amazon Prime, you could also just get a gift card for now or order these and tell him it's coming):
- His big, sturdy, grill spatula – I was surprised to see this on Amazon, but this is the one he has and loves.
- Cast iron pans are the only frying pans he uses (except for the next one), and he is much better than I am about keeping them nice by rubbing oil all over them after cleaning.
- This big stainless steel electric frying pan is BOTH our favorites, one of the BEST investments we've ever made, and they're not actually that expensive. It's big enough to cook meals for our whole family, and it cleans up good, too. (Read more about it in this post: Bye Bye Teflon Skillet.)
- Good knives – Anyone have some good ones at this link to recommend? We need to invest in new ones and I'm sick of complaining about ours.
- He loves his coffee made in this stainless steel percolator coffee maker. It really does taste better, and I love that it doesn't touch any plastic. Read my post about it: A Cup of Coffee Without the Plastic Toxins Please!
And now for Kent's 5 Favorite Meals:
1. Triple Pork Poutine – He made this for us once after he and Kal had been to a soccer game in Toronto and tried it at a nearby restaurant.
2. Parmesan Pesto Pasta with Seasoned Chicken – This recipe came about after I pulled a few different ideas together…
3. Fajitas with grass fed flank steak – This is what we're eating for dinner Sunday.
4. Guinness Irish Stew – Kent loves anything with Guinness, and while I can't stand the beer, this stew is really flavorful!
5. Kitchen Kop’s Beef Stroganoff – This was one of my favorite meals that my Mom made as I was growing up. She's a great cook.
What are you giving your Dad or your kids' Dad for Father's Day? More importantly, what are you cooking for him?! 🙂
More you might like:
- Does your Hubs use beard oil? If not, he should try it! Get some here and use the code BEARDDAD for a free bottle with any $35.00 purchase!
Tiffany Ziegenhorn O'Connell via Facebook says
Thanks for the heads up on Kitchen Gadgets – you reminded me to order a new knife for my hubby!
Rachael Resurreccion says
I love your list! I have to back Jennifer up on the Pampered Chef knives. I love mine, they feel good in your hands (well balanced) and they are easy to maintain.
Kelly, my knives recommendation is not at that link, but about seven years ago I took the plunge and purchased The Pampered Chef’s entire Forged Cutlery set and it was the absolute best investment I’ve made in our kitchen. My mom spent about four times as much on a small Cutco knife set, and she constantly complains about them (and raves about mine when she visits). My husband is a huge fan, too. I eventually had to purchase an extra paring knife and serrated blade because he kept taking “mine” to work with him! I don’t know if it’s something you’d be interested in, but if you might consider them, I know the Farm-To-Consumer Legal Defense Fund does a Pampered Chef fundraiser a couple times a year…if you bought them through that, they’d get a nice percentage off your purchase. Here is what I got (you can also get the individual pieces): https://bit.ly/14dPMMZ All the knives have a lifetime warranty.
Leah G says
I am giggling….. I think all men are so similar. this could be a list from my own Hubby. The pork dish would probably cause him to propose all over again and yet it reminds me of cleaning out the fridge.