Before you go all crazy on me because I'm calling this a grape salad, don't worry. I knooooooow it's actually more like a dessert. But WOW is it ever a good one. And I'm going to keep calling it a salad anyway, because besides the natural sugars in the grapes, there's really not too much extra sugar in here. Trust me, if you want a good fruit salad recipe, this one is always a hit, everytime. Try it and see if you have a serious problem staying out of it, too…
Grape Salad with Cream Cheese Topping
Yield 1 medium bowlful
A perfect summer's day treat filled with all sorts of good fats and nutrition.
- 8 ounce bar of cream cheese, softened (cheese from pastured cows has the most nutrients, here's the kind we buy) – if you like extra topping, use 12 oz. or 1 1/2 bars.
- 1 cup of sour cream (I love this brand because there's only cream in the ingredients, no other nasty fillers or preservatives)
- 1/2 cup of no-GMO natural sugar + a little extra for the top (I used a little organic brown sugar for the top)
- I also add a splash of raw milk for extra creaminess and more nutrients and enzymes
- Crispy pecans are optional but delicious! Even better are these easy candied pecans!
- 2 bunches of organic grapes, rinsed and dried. (Any types of fresh fruit would actually be yummy in this!) Grapes are currently #3 on the dirty dozen list, so if I can't find organic, I don't buy them unless I already offered to bring this dish to a gathering and the store has no organic. I hate when that happens... In that case I would likely mix in some other organic fruits that I can find.
Did you make a real food recipe?
Let me know if you try it!
More you might like:
- More salad ideas for everyone along with tons of healthy recipes for salad dressings too or here's a post with many options listed if you're having a salad bar
- See my new office! (Redecorating pictures, yay!)
- What you MUST know if you're taking calcium or vitamin D! (Scary my doctor didn't even know…)