This is a favorite easy mixed fruit salad to use as a side dish, it's light-tasting and simple to pull together. It's SO easy actually, that I almost didn't even post it, but I thought maybe someone out there might need a quick fruit salad idea for your Easter dinner tomorrow?!
It's best when you have fresh, local summer berries at your fingertips, but you can make do with whatever you have available.
Fast and Easy Mixed Fruit Salad
- Whatever organic fruits you have on hand — mixed berries are good, or peaches too. Kiwi and grapes would also be good, even though those are never local, not here in Michigan anyway.
- 1 can of pineapple chunks or tidbits in its own juice, check the label to be sure there's no high fructose corn syrup or other nasties.
- The juice from 2 limes
Clean and cut up the fruit and toss into a big bowl. Add a the pineapple, including the juice, and squeeze a lime over the top for a simple sweet citrus dressing.
Did you make a real food recipe?
Isn't this picture pretty too?
Other posts you might like:
- Find my complete recipe index here, with salad ideas, desserts, anything at all you might be looking for!
- Anyone out there thinking of homeschooling next fall? See all my homeschooling posts in one spot.
- Have you seen these? Friday Food Flops!