Doesn't the smell of fall, the crisp air, and the beautiful leaves just make you crave the flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon together? You'll love this recipe for grain-free pumpkin cream cheese bars. In case you're wondering, I still haven't figured out the issue of grains (good or bad?) – there will be more on this in upcoming posts, but I am having fun experimenting with grain-free recipes. Let me know what you think of these and if you have a recipe that's different in some way, share your variations in the comments – I love tweaking my recipes. As a matter of fact, I totally came up with this recipe myself, and was fully prepared for it to become my next Friday Food Flop, but it turned out really good. What a surprise!
Grain-free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 2 pastured eggs
- 4 Tablespoons soft butter, pastured butter is best
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (click for sources)
(p.s. Check out Kal's Sponge Bob pumpkin from a few years ago!)
- 8 ounce cream cheese (I use organic)
- 1 cup pumpkin (yes, I use the canned kind, but there's just pumpkin in there)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup palm or coconut sugar (click for sources)
- 2 pastured egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Mix up the crust and spread into an ungreased 8 x 11.5 glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350*. Blend the filling ingredients together (I used my immersion blender) and pour over the crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350* or until almost set. Let cool in the frig before serving. Don't forget the real whipped cream!
Makes about 16 medium sized bars.
More fall recipes:
- If you love pumpkin, you'll love this pumpkin pie ice cream recipe.
- Or the grain-free Halloween (pumpkin/squash) pancakes I posted recently.
- A list of recipes for soups and stews
- Organic Homemade Hot Cocoa Recipe
- Uncooked/Raw Applesauce
- Kettle Corn made with coconut oil – a healthy fat!
- Gluten-free Almond Cookies – not really a fall recipe I guess, but there's good info here about Arrowroot flour
- Caramel Apples – no mess!
- Grain-free gluten-free apple crisp!
- Stag’s Antlers – Festive Fall Cookies
- Thanksgiving recipes/ideas for leftovers
- Share your favorite fall recipes in the comments!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.