For those who are gluten free or on a grain-free diet for whatever reason, you'll love these gluten free chocolate black bean brownies – they are super moist and taste like a “real” chocolate brownie!
This recipe comes from my friend, Liz, who had this to say about these unexpectedly yummy black bean brownies:
“These have no gluten and are higher in fiber and antioxidants, that's a lot to like! Making these in the blender was a breeze and I will definitely make them again. My family loved them and since it only made an 8 x 8 pan, it's not like we're stuck with a ton of sweets afterward. These would be ideal with homemade vanilla ice cream…. next time! I'm allergic to tree nuts, so I don't add them in, but I imagine they would be tasty with chopped walnuts or pecans, too.”
Grain Free/Gluten Free Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
Yield 8x8 Pan
This is a yummy treat for those trying to watch their carb or grain intake.
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (If you're okay with the flavor of coconut oil, get virgin coconut oil here, or I suggest the no-flavor coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic cane sugar or palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (I have some organic stuff from Trader Joe's. Apparently the coffee helps eliminate the last bit of beany taste.)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly butter an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
Did you make a real food recipe?
More you might like:
- Try my homemade vanilla ice cream
- A drinking water scare right in our hometown!
- Here's my entire recipe index
- More grain free recipe ideas
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.