Baked Garlic Green Beans with Parmesan Crumb Topping
This Baked Garlic Green Beans recipe originally came from Taste of Home, but I'm sure it won't surprise you to find out that I changed some things to make it healthier. The original recipe also called for 1 1/2 t. cider vinegar, but I didn't think that sounded good, so I've always made it without and we love it. It is such an easy side dish and one I use often if we're having company, because it can be made up ahead of time, I love that!
Baked Garlic Green Beans
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried onion
- 2-3 cloves minced fresh garlic or dried garlic Do this to your taste. We like a lot around here
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 dashes of pepper
- 1 pound green beans preferably local and organic, cut into bite sized pieces and then toss to coat.
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs It's still good if you omit this part, by the way. Otherwise, throwing your bread ends into the food processor is a good way to get bread crumbs fast.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter pastured butter is best
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl. Toss the green beans around in the mixture. Transfer to a buttered 9×13 baking dish. Combine last 3 ingredients and sprinkle over the beans. Bake uncovered at 325* for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Let me know if you like it!