Did your Mom make this mashed potato pancakes recipe when you were growing up, too?
A couple of our kids go through stages where they get sick of eggs, and of course it kills me because I know how good eggs are for them. So when that happens, I keep it very low key, knowing that if I push it they’ll never eat them again. Instead I’ll make smoothies with raw egg yolks or soaked pancakes with extra eggs, OR I’ll make this easy mashed potato pancakes recipe…
Mashed Potato Pancakes
- About 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 4 egg yolks or 2 whole eggs, I like using more yolks since they’re the most nutrient dense
- 1/4 cup cream preferably raw, but for sure not ultra-pasteurized
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- ghee ghee is the preferred choice here, not regular butter; the ghee will give it a nice buttery taste, but will also handle the heat better. If you only have butter, make sure you use a lower temp so the butter doesn't brown too quickly
Do you have other ways to get more eggs into your family? (Or into you if you don’t love them?)
Meal Planning Help! Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.