Wait'll you check out these recipes, you'll be adding salmon and green beans to your next grocery list for sure! Today I'm sharing the main dish from our delicious dinner over at our friends, David & Michelle's, recently…
First, have you seen these other recipes/posts from our dinner?
The salmon was super flavorful and flaky tender, without the overly strong fishy taste that most salmon has. Even Kent went crazy over it, and he's normally not a big fish lover! The green beans had the best mix of flavors, with just a teensy bit of a bite, and all sorts of other wonderful taste explosions going on in your mouth, too…
Perfect Savory Salmon
Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup dry white wine – Pinot Grigio or substitute
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper
- Mix dry ingredients together. Coat salmon with olive oil and then cover with breadcrumb mixture. Grill at 350* to 400* for 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Lemon Butter Sauce Instructions:
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in skillet. Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent. Add wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce until you've got about 2 Tablespoons of liquid left.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting. Add a few pieces of butter and whisk until melted, continue adding more butter until you use it all. Take your time so that you get an emulsified sauce not just melted butter. Pour sauce over cooked salmon and serve.
And now for the blackened green beans…
Blackened Green Beans
- Mix above ingredients together. Toss into green beans to coat.
- Boil water. Blanch green beans 5 to 7 minutes. Immediately remove and place in an ice bath.
- In a large sauté pan add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, add green beans and cook until spices begin to blacken, about 4 – 6 minutes. When done add 2 Tablespoons of butter, toss, place on plate and garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese.
If you try these recipes, be sure to let us know what you think. Thanks again David & Michelle!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.